Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
C

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 14, 2021 2:09 PM

Yahoo email in OUtlook

I have been using Outlook for my Yahoo (bellsouth.net) email account for years.  All of a sudden I keep on getting the login window to pop up indicating Outlook could not sign into the server.  I've re-entered by USERID and password several times to no avail.

I am able to login to my email via a web browser, but not through Outlook.

Responses

• 

1 Message

12 days ago

I have the identical problem. Outlook doesn't work, browser does work. What is up?

• 

1 Message

12 days ago

I'm not sure - this may just be a rat-hole - but this may be the AT&T Secure Mail Key problem. It seems to show up various ways, not being able to login to the server. I just spent two months chasing it. Your e-mail client (Outlook, in your case) can't get to the mail server to either send or receive, but you can access your e-mail via the (S-L-O-W) browser (same  with my wife's e-mail). Try to search here (or even a Google search) on the specific error message you are getting, or "Secure Mail Key". You could start here:

https://www.att.com/support/article/email-support/KM1240462/ 

and see if it fits your situation.

I finally got ours to work just in the last couple of days, but I'm not sure I can recount how I got there yet. I'll have to try to back-track my steps to see how I got here. 'Sorry I can't be of more help, and this may not even be your specific problem, but it sure sounds similar. It may give you a start. There seem to be numerous similar problems floating around. Good luck!

Get started...

Ask a new question