Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Dec 7, 2017 8:13 PM

Yahoo Email and sbcglobal.net

Today when I tried to access my yahoo email, I got taken to an at&t email login which told me to use my sbcglobal.net account.  I was able to access all my emails and things appear to be fine.  

I did receive an email that said that at&t and yahoo would be separated but what exactly does this mean?  If people email me at xxxx@yahoo.com, will I still receive those emails?  I've never used the xxxxx@sbcglobal.net account.  I've had the same xxxx@yahoo.com email address for over 10 years and have thousands of emails that I don't want to lose.  Do I just keep doing what I've been doing or do I need to be proactive and move all my emails to something like gmail?

Responses

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I tried to reply earlier but I don't think it posted.  I only used my sbcglobal.net account for AT&T related activity like billing.  My yahoo.com was only for email.  Now when I try to login to my yahoo  email account from Yahoo.com, it automatically takes me to an AT&T login page and forces me to use my sbcglobal.net account.  I'm afraid that if I switch to a different internet provider, I will lose all my emails.  I'm afraid if I "unmerge" I won't be able to access any emails like another one posted.   

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 years ago

Maybe the following two ATT announcements will help:

Changes to Yahoo access for AT&T customers

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question