Protect yourself online
KCgirl63's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 26th, 2016 10:19 PM

Yahoo account hacked, can't change password

I have been trying to change my password on my sbcglobal.net Yahoo account, but it goes to AT&T webpage. I tried there and it changes my AT&T password, but not the Yahoo one. Very frustrating...I have been getting alot of MAILER-DAEMON emails in my inbox. Any ideas. I do not want to close this account.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @KCgirl63,

This is a known problem. If you are not using Chrome, then you need to use that to try to change your password. If you are using chrome then you need to chat customer service and tell them your passwords are out of sync and they can assist you in getting them to match.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same problem mentioned above. However, for storage considerations, I do not want to download Chrome in order to fix this - is there another way to fix this?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

hacked att yahoo

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I've tried logging into google chrome: nothing.

I contacted AT&T customer support, explaining that I had a yahoo account that was merged with the AT&T account: nothing.

What shoud I do?  I've been trying for four hours to change my password after learning the account was hacked.

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

@passworddufas as I stated above, when you chat them you need to tell them specifically that the passwords are out of sync. If they seem clueless then tell them its a Yahoo outage and they should check their outage notifications because it gives then instructions on how to fix the problem. Unfortunately the powers that be will not grant me this tool so I am unable to fix it myself.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Thanks, I tried customer service, but after an hour on the phone, I was disconnected and got nowhere.  I tried calling again and after 20 minutes I was disconnected again.

BUT...I changed it!

My main problem is that I had AT&T internet 6 or 7 years ago and could not remember my old att e-mail account # or my linked AT&T e-mail address, nor was customer service having any luck finding it.

Once I figured out my old AT&T linked e-mail address, everything came easily.

Here's how I obtained my old account, and changed the password.

1.  Log in to your yahoo e-mail account.

2.  In the upper left portion of the screen you will see "compose."

3.  Where its says "from" hit the down arrow and you will see a few e-mail options, including your AT&T e-mail address.  (Mine is a sbcglobal.net address.)

4.  Log into myat&t using your AT&T e-mail address.

5.  I didn't pay close attention how I changed my password from my AT&T, but basically I followed the instructions to change my password normally.  If asked which ID/account, just make sure you state that you want to change your AT&T e-mail: the yahoo account will follow.

My old yahoo password is now dead, replaced by a shiny new one.

This was helpful background info:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1010440

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Someone has hacked my Yahoo email account. I keep getting 3000+ bounced emails EVERY DAY. I want to change my Yahoo password but I have had problems getting it done. I called customer service and the rep to unmerge the accounts, I need to delete the att profile.  He gave me the link with instructions. I disabled the att account. Now I am trying to change my Yahoo email password and it keeps kicking me back to the att mail account password reset. I really do not want to delete the Yahoo mail account because I get all my business email on it. The last time I called att customer service I was on hold for over 30 minutes.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same problem! my account has been hacked and i cant change the password it bounces me back to ATT website and i just end up changing the password for THAT! PLEASE HELP!?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

changed password, now not receiving any mail

when I send out it goes out with an additional name on my email address

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @3164tpi, I apologize for the delay in getting to my notifications. But if you are still having an issue then send me a private message and I will be happy to look in to your issue.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.