Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wed, Apr 3, 2019 8:34 PM

updating AT&T/Yahoo Mail version

Have received two emails supposedly from AT&T and Yahoo saying I need to verify my AT&T Mail account. Do not want to click on link because I'm suspicious of phishing and other scams. Are these real or bogus.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Lots of spam/phishing emails come in multiples.  It's either from single spammers who just keep trying to use their same lists of email addresses or multiple spammers since such lists are passed around or sold. 

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Can you log into your account? That's verification enough.  No one is going to send you email requesting it. Is phishing.  Trash it.  

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

a year ago

Thanks, that is what I believe initially, but concern is always raise when two emails come within a few days of each other. Why do I keep getting these.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 months ago

My emails are coming in under TRASH

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…