Protect yourself online
Hagenpe's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2019 2:07 AM

Unable to Send Email

I have been unable to send email from my ATT Yahoo email for about a week now. I receive email messages just fine.

Att/Yahoo chat or telephonic help is non-existent, hence my visit here.

The error message I receive when sending is 

An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded:  5.7.1 We were unable to deliver your message. Please try resending your message by adding some text.. Please check the message and try again.

Most of the message boards indicate that my email account has reached some limit for a large amount of messages sent out. Interesting my email send activity if probably no more than 10-15 messages a day.

Any thoughts on how I can contact a tech support person as this does not appear to be an issue I can resolve via settings.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Change you account password (e.g., Forgot ID/Password). That may clear that particular error.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Changing my account password cleared up the problem.

Thanks so much!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having similar issue to Hagenpe. Yahoo/att customer. 4/22/19 Received email from "me" telling me I was hacked, asked for ransom in bit coin.  I changed Password immediately. Beginning 4/26 emails will not send; no error message but get stuck in Drafts. I changed PW again, checked to be sure only my account and signature are in my account, deleted about 90% of the cookies.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@LisaTrom 

You didn't have to change anything.  What you received as a simple spam/phishing/extortion email that you should have just trashed.  Many have reported that particular attempt.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.