Need to update email settings?
27vdd53's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 10th, 2018 12:15 AM

trying to login into my sbcglobal.net account

I've had this account for years and several days ago it wasn't recognizing my password.  This is the only email account I have and need to access it.  Please help

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I did this and I still can not login into my sbcglobal email

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thanks I have login in successfully.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

This worked!!! Called AT&T and followed your instructions, they prompted me with a few steps to reset my id through att website. Go to ATT sign in page and try to log in with your email account, follow prompts to reset password.  Thank you!

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Yay! Glad this fix worked. It can be so frustrating.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I’m having  the same problem since 1/26/19, have no access to my email sbc global account, I went to reset password, but the email to reset the my password is going to my sbc global email, so there is no way to  change my password:(, very frustrating.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

You have to call them to reset the password. Try 1- 877-285-0144.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Your solution didn't work for me to help me retrieve my sbcglobal.net email account. I clicked on your link for "Forget Password." I selected "Password." I entered my sbcglobal.net email address -- I don't have an AT&T address - and my last name. Then I got a message directing me to call an 800 number I have called at least six times in the last two days, with customer reps who have not been able to help me. Some never even heard of sbcglobal.net. or that it was supposed to be part of AT&T. No solution at all.

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Actually that is not the solution I used. I called 1- 877-285-0144 and told them I was locked out of my account. Didn't specify what type. Gave them my email address and they gave me a temporary password and walked me through getting back in via att.com and att.net. Hope you will be able to get back in. It really is frustrating it took me almost two months to get a solution.

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

5 years ago

Solved my problem last week in a unique way.  Too bad people will find this solution buried way down on page 6 of 80 messages!

However, it probably only applies to a few with my unique situation. For about a month my Outlook email (using sbcglobal.net address) was highly intermittent.

It would work for a day or two then would get error messages when trying to load new mail. Most of the time these would be Timeout errors but sometimes it would be claiming that my security method (SSL) was unknown to their server (not true). I have an older PC running Vista op system and Outlook 2007. But I am also running AVG virus detection which also includes web and email protection. I went into the setup (gear symbol) of AVG and permanently shut off the email component. (Otherwise it will come back on after a reboot.) 

To my delight my email has been running perfectly for over a week now. So try shutting off any protection programs for email if you are getting random errors in your email program.  One of the hints here is that I could always get into the web mail  so I began to think the problem was  local.

Best of luck.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you for the phone number 1- 877-285-0144 !!! I could recover my sbcglobal email address !!!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.