For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
L

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, April 18th, 2021 10:42 AM

THUNDERBIRD doesn't connect to server

Thunderbird stopped receiving email d/l's ----error msg says either PW or server connection not working

browser accesss to att's Yahoo service works OK 🆗

Please help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

You need to setup a secure mail key to use as the password with thunderbird. Info on how to setup a secure mail key is here:

https://forums.att.com/page/FAQ-Internet-OAuth?source=ESsWCfCTA0000000L&wtExtndSource=cfm_topinternet_oauth

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

yes, I saw that from the ATT help/support and its probably my fault ignoring the ATT email suggesting it 

What's had me puzzled over time is my wife's bellsouth address has continued to work on T-bird and, is not understanding why using  att/yahoo browser access works ok.

adding to my befuddled dilemma is how/why  browser based gmail & android based phone apps can get the mail that t-bird doesn't 

Also adding is personal craziness of (after 25 years) giving up on wire line from the Bell System which rebates my monthly local service as a pension bene and my plan to go VoIP on Atl. BB....

and then disc'g Uverse www svc and just have ABB for everything  ..especially since T-Moblie wifi/hotspot/etc. gets the job done as BU to the world ......

Please forgive my personal mindgush as I wallow in the complexities wrought by the T1=1.544Mbps I was involved with debuting in '62........

At one time I was proud of the societal impact of telegraphy/telephony & all its derivatives 

Now its corrupted our very souls by too much faked fakery fakers creating alternate faked facts & alternative universes for the unsuspecting******

Bttom line, thanks for the prompt help ......if you've read this far my next ?'s relate to exporting t-bird mail files.....mailbird wants to import form t-bird servers......I want an app that takes mozbackup file & reads them outside of t--bird.......I dread the day when, maybe when I'm 101, I want to rant about something from a 2000 (Y2K) email.......LOL

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.