The infamous Bellsouth.net Email - Help, Questions and Answers
Troubleshooting Bellsouth & SBCGlobal Email Addresses
AT&T is making your email experience more secure. A part of this change is prompt requesting you reenter your password which may affect your ability to sign-in to your email, especially if you cannot remember your password. You will find steps that will help you address your sign in woes. If you have a mail client, you may need to update your settings with our step-by-step guide. in order to access your email given the change.
Can’t sign in or Forgotten Password:
If you have a current AT&T internet account that is tied to your email, you can change or reset your password by performing the following:
- sign in to your AT&T account.
- Select Profile > myAT&T sign in Password.
- Enter and save your password information.
If you have a free email account, you can reset the password at our email reset page.
- Go to Forgot Password page.
- Enter your User Name/ email address.
- Enter your Last Name.
- Follow the prompts.
If you are unable to change your password using the steps above, please chat with us.
Heads Up: If the last name on record does not match, the password reset option may not work. If you have an old billing statement, please verify what name you used.
Bellsouth.net and SBCGlobal.net sign in Issues
- Clear cache and cookies – sometimes old data can cause sign-in issues. Clearing cache and cookies is recommended. Instructions for: Internet Explorer, Safari, Google
- Update your browser – some features and settings require the latest version of the browser to operate correctly. To Download: Microsoft, Safari, Google
- Disable browser tools or add-ons - varies by device and browser. Instructions for: Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Google
- Enable Adobe Flash Player - How To For: Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Google
- Make sure Java is up-to-date - https://www.java.com/en/download/
Due to maintenance to upgrade the legacy IMAP host to a modernized IMAP infrastructure, some customers may get an SSL Certificate mismatch error within their e-mail client or mobile device
- Accept the mismatch to update the SSL certificate for the e-mail to work as normal.
- If there is no option to accept the certificate, remove the e-mail account and set it up again.
- For older Android devices without auto-setup change the following settings.
|Incoming Mail Server (IMAP)||
|Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)||
E-mail address - Your full e-mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Password - Your account's password
Requires authentication - Yes
If you are using a client like Outlook, Thunderbird, or Apple Mail, make sure to use the IMAP settings to access your email.
Incoming Mail Server: imap.mail.att.net
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.att.net
If you need more information your client settings? Visit our Update Email Server Settings link.
Email Will Not Sync? - Disabling the firewall may resolve this.. - varies by device, browser, and virus protection software. Please check your owner's manual to perform this. This to only be done if trying to connect with a client. Before attempting this, make sure you can sign into webmail. We recommend this as a last resort.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp