The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Need to update email settings?
mmodeUser's profile
mmodeUser
#1 Star!
The 5th element!
10th stratosphere!

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

Wed, Dec 19, 2018 3:07 AM

"Switch to the newest att.net mail" no longer working

I am an "AT&T Yahoo Mail" subscriber. My email address belongs to the Pacbell domain. I have AT&T DSL internet. I can manage my email either via mail.yahoo.com or mail.att.net, using a username and password that are managed via the AT&T website. Typically, my email is displayed in the "Newest att.net mail" GUI, including rich-text functionality, keyboard shortcuts, etc. About a week ago, a problem began to occur: When I would access my email in the normal way (typically via mail.yahoo.com), it would display in the Classic GUI instead of the "new" GUI, and I needed to click "Switch to the newest att.net mail" to see the "new AT&T" GUI. I tried this on several operating systems (Linux, Windows, Chrome OS) and with several different browsers (Firefox, Edge, Chrome, Chromium), but I could not get my email to open in the "new" format without clicking the "Switch" link.

A day or two ago, the problem worsened: Now, even when I click the "Switch to the newest att.net mail" link, it does not switch. The screen simply refreshes but remains in the Classic view. Again, this happens across multiple browsers and operating systems and with multiple Yahoo-AT&T Email accounts, both Pacbell and other domains. AT&T customer service said this must be a Yahoo problem (claiming that Yahoo is doing "maintenance on its mail servers"), and could not even give me a customer service number at Yahoo to call (let alone warm-transfer me or resolve the issue themselves). Yahoo (when I was actually able to speak with them) said this is an AT&T problem.

What is going on, and will it be resolved?

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

mmodeUser

Mentor

• 

33 Messages

3 y ago

[I tried to edit the title of this posting to reflect the following new development, but was unable to do so.]

I HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE, at least for customers who have a Yahoo Small Business account.

It seems that if a user (a) has a personal ATT/Yahoo account and a Yahoo Small Business account and (b) has configured their webmail to switch between these two accounts, then they will not be able to access the full-featured ("newest") email on EITHER account, until they perform the following steps. Once I performed these steps, I was able to access the "newest" (i.e., full-featured) email on BOTH accounts.

1. Go to the Yahoo Small Business website (smallbusiness.yahoo.com).
2. Log in using your Small Business email and password.
3. You will see a pop-up urging you to "upgrade your email to the new Yahoo Small Business email." The pop-up will indicate that you will have to do this in January, but that you can already do it now. If you don't have the pop-up, search the Yahoo Small Business help until you find it. If you absolutely have to, call Yahoo Small Business support and ask them for the link.
4. Click "Update my email" (or words to that effect, I no longer have the pop-up in front of me).
5. It will take about 3 minutes, and you will get a new pop-up stating that your Small Business account(s) have been updated. Each of your small business accounts will be listed, with a temporary password for each.
6. Log on to mail.yahoosmallbusiness.com with the username and your new temporary password. You'll be asked to choose a theme (ugly, uglier, or ugliest); I just went with the default they offered, which is called "Light."

That's it -- you're set up for Webmail. You can switch to your personal (AT&T/Yahoo, not Small Business) account by clicking on your name at the top right and selecting that account. You'll be asked to choose a theme again, and then your personal (AT&T/Yahoo not Small Business) account will be set up for full-featured Webmamil again.

NOTE: If you previously used a desktop or phone app for your Small Business account, you will need to set it up again. For this purpose, you will need to log into your Webmail and click on the "Account info" link under the name of your Small Business email account at the top right. On the screen that then pops up, select "Manage app passwords" and follow the signs.

Good luck!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I am having this same problem...for a couple days.  It's also happening on the yahoo business side of our email.  Really need to get this resolved as it's affecting my work.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

I am also having this problem. I click on "Switch to the newest Att.net mail" and nothing changes. The screen refreshes but stays the same. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Same problem here and the problem developed the same way as described by mmodeUser.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 y ago

@willyww@mmodeUser@MjmMjm@paigersil

The staff member I got to respond on a Yahoo thread where I mentioned having the same problem said they have looked into this issue and that every report was associated with an account that utilized a Small Business address/service.  Can each of you verify if this is the case for you?  He is recommending that we contact Yahoo Small Business customer support, which I just did before posting this comment.  You can see that thread here: https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/question/0D52L000034I9RRSA0/why-is-switch-to-the-newest-attnet-mail-no-longer-working

I will post this same question and link on the other threads I've found reporting this issue.  Please respond and let me know.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Yes, I do have a Small Business address linked to my account. I am trying to dig up a number for customer support. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

@stpbrian  I reported the same issue here:  https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Switching-to-newest-att-mail-no-longer-working-pacbell-email/m-p/5750503.  The email address that I am experiencing the issue with is one that is associated with a Yahoo Small Business account.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 y ago

@willyww https 
help dot smallbusiness dot yahoo dot net slash s slash contactsupport

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

3 y ago

Yahoo Small Business replied to my case:

"We are sorry to know that switching to new att.net mail is no loner working and the screen remains in classic view across multiple browsers and with Yahoo-AT&T accounts We regret for the inconvenience caused and we'll try to provide you best possible assistance. 

As you mentioned that your account is SBCglobal and you've seen threads where AT&T customer service redirecting as a Yahoo problem. Therefore, we consulted with our engineering team for the same and were advised that the concern needs to be investigated at their end. 

Hence, for the expeditious resolution over your concern, we are highlighting your case to our engineering team for further investigation

Note: Please make a note that, as we are forwarding this concern to our engineering team, it might take 24-72 hrs for our team to reach you back. 
We will soon get back to you with an appropriate resolution. Your kind patience and co-operation is humbly requested in this regard. 

Regards,
Mustafa Yahoo Small Business Support"

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

My husband is now experiencing the issue (sees old UI and `switch to newest att.net mail` doesn't work).  He did not see the issue until today, though I've had the issue for a couple of days.  His email address is not associated with a Yahoo Small Business account or service.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I've had the same problem for the last few days.  It's really annoying. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

My email too is linked to my work’s yahoo small business acct.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Mine is also associated with Yahoo.Small business account

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

We too have a small business account 😕 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

The issue now shows up on Yahoo Small Business' System Status page as an open issue:

https://help.smallbusiness.yahoo.net/s/system-status

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.