Protect yourself online
dw_wicks's profile

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, May 25th, 2020 1:49 AM

Closed

Swbell.net email will not stay logged in

I have an old email that uses swbell.net. The account was transferred to Yahoo many years ago. Between then and about 2 weeks ago, I would put in my email and password and yahoo would take it and sign me in for 2 weeks. But just recently, after providing my account name to yahoo, it redirects to ATT and I have to put email and password in again. This ATT server authenticates back to yahoo and I get in to my email. But I think that this ATT authentication server is timing out due to inactivity and when it does that, the yahoo email connection is also broken. So instead of getting 2 weeks I am getting around 15 minutes and need to login again over and over and over.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

e-mail: does not want to stay "signed on for two weeks"

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the exact same problem as ds_wicks. Worse is that I'll get logged out while I'm in the middle of composing an email replay.

This is totally unacceptable as I'm trying to WFH!

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

Additional comment... I tried calling ATT customer support. That got me absolutely nowhere because you can't get past their automated system if you don't have an active account with ATT. So what is going on here? Is Yahoo trying to give accounts it doesn't want back to ATT?

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

I'm with AT&T dw so I'm pretty sure your idea about Yahoo isn't correct.

I'm going to try calling them on Tuesday and see if I can get anywhere with their support people.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

That would be great if they had an answer. In my research leading up to this point, suggestions are mostly focused on browser problems and solutions like clearing browser cache. I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with browsers. I see the same thing happening with both Chrome and Edge. And a browser setting could not possibly cause logins to be redirected to an ATT login screen when it wasn't doing that before. Some mix of Yahoo/Currently/ATT has changed recently and broken things.

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Same here. It's awful.

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

I had the same problem that began a few days ago. I had an online chat with a technician on Saturday who who wrote that "The team is already working on this issue. As soon as the issue gets resolved, you will be reached back and check for the resolution." It is an att yahoo problem, not Chrome or anyone else. Although I think similar problems have occurred for years due to some other glitch. For me, it a good news. I can tolerate an annoyance if I know techs are working to fix it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.