Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
tperkowski's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Dec 31, 2015 12:47 PM

Spam filter not working

Over the last week I have been receiving a significant increase of spam email in my Inbox. I have been using the Spam button to delete it hoping that the filter would improve. This method is not working. It almost seems like the Spam filter is not working. Anyone else having this issue?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 y ago

The amount of spam emails that I receive have gone up drastically over the past few weeks.... HELP!!!!

ji785s

Former Employee

• 

422 Messages

6 y ago

@hgdmart Spam emails cannot really be controlled. You can set up filters to redirect the senders to the spam inbox at att.net.

Suggestion from me, if you have registered to websites or entered your email address into websites for news letters and such, at times they may distribute your email to spam companies for advertisements. If this is something you have done in the past few weeks, id suggest making a new email specifically for registering to websites that are not trusted to prevent your main email from being bombarded with spam.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

I just came here to see what is going on.

Around first of December there was a malfunction that listed emails from several years ago with dates listed as 2016, so they were showing up first in my email, when sorted by date.

Then, the spam emails that normally used to be filtered and marked as spam are showing up in my inbox, when they were sucessfully filtered before.   I am upset by the reply from the alleged AT&T employee who blames us for using our email account on websites being responsible for the increase in spam.

No, this didn't happen before - and since I PAY FOR THIS EMAIL account, unacceptable.  I am in the process of moving the important stuff to  gmail which is free and doesn't hide from their mistakes.

K-A

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

6 y ago

I'm getting email that "appears" to be from me to me.  When I view the full header, I see my email address followed by @ some other address.  What's going on?

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

6 y ago

The lucky part is, no one is actually hacking your e-mail, instead, what they are doing is "spoofing" it. (means, t6hey are faking it..  kinda like calls that send fake caller id infor to your call box. Ain't nice, but not really anything you can do about it.)

These guys who spamm are finding new and differant ways to bypass blocks and filters. Some work, some don't.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

I keep getting emails for the same products/services but generated from different email IDs.. I have several different account but the ATT on is the only one I am having this problem with (over 60 this morning)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

OMG yes, same thing is happening with me.  Up until a couple of weeks ago, AT&T had been pretty much 100% effective in blocking spam.  All of a sudden, it's like someone turned it off.  I'm getting a spam email in my inbox about every 2-3 minutes.  But I'm still getting almost as many in my spam folder as I was before.   I've been trying to find where you set your spam filter, and I can no longer find it in the program.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

spam filter NOT working.  what is the fix?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

Since complaining, the spam emails have doubled.

You've outdone yourselves, AT&T - should have dumped this email account when I dumped your cellular service for Sprint.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I consistentely receive email from an address that mimics my own "att.net" address (for example "123@att.net"@).  How do I stop it?  Any suggestions?  The amount has gone up drastically.

I've tried marking them as spam and blocking them, but it doesn't help.

Thanks,

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Good Afternoon,

For the past two days, I have been getting a ton of spam email and it is appearing every 15 minutes or so. Here are some of the domains in the headers of some of these email messages;

nicolau-fearghas.woodarent.net
temperative.com
disturbbuyout.net
poetship.com
mail.poetship.com
sale.marektlabss.com

Edit>> I've even added the above to the ban list in my settings with no luck. It appears that you can only ban email addresses and not domains in your settings.

I've been periodically checking it today and marking them as spam but the filter isn't picking them up. It's crazy.

Walter "Wally" Padgett

meglhaden

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

6 y ago

Spam has recently increased.  Over a thousand spam emails in my spam folder for just 4 days. This does not include the hundreds that do not get filtered and are just dumped into my inbox.

Something is wrong and it's not the users fault as suggested.

meglhaden

Scholar

• 

112 Messages

6 y ago

I can also confirm that the spam is out of control. AT&T needs to fix this spam filtering problem. It was never as bad as it is now.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Two days ago, the spam filter for my att.net email address stopped catching the majority of spam from reaching my inbox. Some spam is going directly to the spam folder, but approximately 75 spam messages are going directly to my inbox. What's this all about?! Help!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

I have changed my password 3 x in the past 2 days.  The spam is even worse.  Some of them show my email address as the sender.  I was searching for a solution when I found this forums

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.