Protect yourself online
lotty's profile

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

Monday, November 24th, 2014 8:48 PM

Smtp traffic to Microsoft office 365 smtp server

[Subject edited for better exposure]On my 3rd call. Issue is very simple. I need my home internet connection to allow smtp traffic to Microsoft office 365 smtp server. Appears ATT is blocking port 25 traffic and possibly tripping up TLS start smtp configuration.

I called tech support. They connected me to some foriegn country. People clearly giving me run around. I finally asked for supervisor. THe supervisor at first sounded nice but told me she understood what was going on (i thought ... finally thank goodness ..) then she transfered me to the paid support line.

Really paid support for what .. this is something ATT needs to do from the ATT side. This is well documented via simple google search. ATT needs to allow port 25 traffic for third party smtp traffic. Clearly it is not appropriate to tranfsfer to paid supprt. Futher this supervisor did not mention that is what she was going to do.

Next the guy at paid support gave me the runaround. I explained things once again and it was a complete zoo. ATT clearly has structured this to take advantage of the uninformed.

Finally i was so frustrated with the waste of time that i hung up. I then called customer service to complain. They put me on hold and as of now i have been on hold for 54 minutes and 55 seconds .. nothing but stupid music. I have had time to rediscover this community formum. Figure out i have and old id that i had already setup for this forum. Reset the password .. and add this complaint.

At least it makes me feel better to add the complaint. I am about to give up and hang up.

Bye.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I've called numerous time over the past 4 1/2 months about not receiving a bill cause At&t didn't put a unit #. The 1st gentleman I spoke with today Pat: PC320V PLEASE lists to conversation. Not professional!! Spoke with Missy/Supervisor MY1234 who told me that once I made a payment of the certain amount that my phone would be on....hours later it wasn't. I can go on & on but I would like to speak with someone in your corporate office. Called back 6x's. Spoke w/Young lady Brenda Senderson/BS5908 who hung up on me so I decided to call back. Got her again when I called back (Stated her name)& informed Her that she hung up on me. She then stated that the called dropped. Which then I informed her that my call would say called failed. She then stated that maybe on her end the called dropped & if she would of hung up that she would of clocked out🤔. After not getting assistance from her I asked to speak with her manager. She put me on hold for along time then came back on the line & transferred me somewhere. Where the recording said they were closed. I think that the way so many people are loosing it now adays or suffering from depression . AT&T needs to improve there customer service. What if one day they speak with someone who has been through a lot & life or suffers from depression & the way your agents talks to them pushes them over the edge. And they go out & harm others. At&t you need to monitor your agents. There are people who deals with customers & give execellent service. Then there are those who only does it for the pay.. Can someone please listen to the conversation with the gentleman Pat( he stated he couldn't give me his last name) & Brenda Senderson. Thanks

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I was not given credit for my last payment on my last telephone bill so I contacted ATT at 877.*** I spoke to Benny and he provided no assistance and worse than that he was rude and provided very poor customer service. He argued with me and told me that I started it.  He then told me just a minute and I was on hold for more than 20 minutes so apparently he was teaching me a lesson. After 20 minutes he never rejoined our conversation so I hung up. In total I was on the phone with him for about 40 minutes and all he did was argue.

I then called 800-*** and spoke with Charinity and in two minutes or less she told me that I was credited with a payment and did not know why the previous month's payment showed unpaid on this month's bill.  She instructed me to just pay the amount for this month. She provided wonderful customer service, a perfect example.

A night and day difference in quality customer service. Thank you 

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

STELLA *****
SAN MARINO, CA. 91108

October 14, 2016.

Attention: CAB

California Public Utilities Commission

Consumer Affairs Branch

San Francisco, CA 94102

To whom it may concern:

Enclosed please find a copy of *****
and AT&T bill. I was forced to seek advocacy due to the lack of

response from AT&T when I contacted them numerous times. I have been a client of this phone company

since year 1999; however this time when I encountered a problem I am not able to resolve it as AT&T has no

address to send my complain and request to them. All letters I sent were not answered, even my *****
sent a letter to the address provided on the AT&T bill but we soon found out by making

several calls that this company has no address for customers to mail complains. When I called their poor

customer service results in verbal abuse on the part of the associates from AT&T who are not trained to assist,

on the contrary their purpose in mind is to sell more products.

I never had any problems as a customer as I have always paid my bill on time. However, recently I was victim

of a stolen phone which I reported accordingly but this phone disappeared, the insurance company charged

my account and I ended with a huge bill as shown enclosed which I am not able to pay because I have been

disabled for the last seven (7) years due to cancer and complications of the chemotherapy I received and

continue to receive when needed, in addition I had three surgeries and four biopsies.

I request that the charge in the amount of $674.20 be removed as this charge is due to fraudulent use of the

stolen phone by whoever ended up with after being stolen.

I tried to dispute this issue with AT&T with no success on my part. It seems at this point in my life as a senior

citizen and disabled I am suffering the discriminations which exist in our society against someone my age and

my medical condition. The associates from AT&T are either young fast talking, inpatient, rude and confronting

with no respect and usually these associates are located in the Phillipines or India or Mexico and have no

decision making power and no understanding of this culture, much less are willing to assist a disabled senior

citizen as myself; I had to hung up in many occasions due to my health being fragile.

Most people I have explained this situation to on an effort to obtain advise have mentioned my option to “cut

the service and go somewhere else”, however it is my intention to continue as customer of AT&T and this is

the reason for writing this letter to the commission. This issue needs to be resolved immediately due to the

fact that AT&T did not allow me to make the regular and customary monthly payment for my current bill

unless I pay the balance in full, therefore forcing damage to my credit record. This is unacceptable and I

request that the above mentioned amount I am being charged due to fraudulent activity be immediately

reversed, so that I can continue paying my regular monthly bills as AT&T customer.

This letter is sent by me via USPS, fax and email.

I expect a response within 10 days, however I can be reached ASAP at my cell number *****
and

email: *****

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Stella [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

7 years ago

To go it may concern:

My name is Mario***and I've been a customer of AT&T since 2004. 

I just recently purchased iPhone 7. 

And I hate to tell you this but your customer service staff is so inefficient and they do not provide the correct information to customers.

Every single time that I called I kept getting a different answer with each agent that I spoke to. 

They failed to tell me that AT&T has a trade-in website. And they fail to inform me that in order to get reimbursed my iPhone 6 so I can get $ 650 which will go be for the iPhone 7.

So I had to register my phone and put my Sim ID and everything imagine if they would have not inform me I would've been out of luck. And when I called customer service they really didn't seem to care or where aware about it.  

They honestly did not care at all. 

And they also forgot to mention that if I wanted the mini iPad  they have to be purchased together. Two weeks later a representative told me that I was eligible for iPad 2 .

Then she checked my credit and it said that it didn't go through and this because of the U-verse that they claimed that they never received. basically saying that i was thief. 

Mind you on September 29 I was able to get DirecTV through AT&T and your agent told me yes I see that there's a u-verse charge.

Then he turned around and said to me you know what you've been with us for since 2002 and don't worry about it's no problem. 

So when I got denied the mini iPad 2 because of my credit.

I asked to speak to the manager and I Aster so if I got denied because supposedly night but it's bad then why do I have DirecTV and she responded well maybe the agent did not notice I go oh yes he did because he actually told me that I've been a long term customer and that did not worry about it so apparently you guys don't have a policy here or it's not enforced at all then she answered yes we have a policy then well explain to me why i

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I decided to switch from Dish network to Direct T.V  I attempted to bundle, was informed that the internet was not provided at my location.

I was promised the same prices and a $100.00 debit card as part of the new joining.  I never recieved the $100.00 debit card.  I made a call to your company.  I was informed that I was not  part of the deal.  I was promised to debit card.  My brother Terry *** joined the Direct T.V

He was promised the same benifits as I was months before him.  His phone number is ***

I saw my brother yesterday.  He informed me that he did receive his $100.00 debit card.  I saw red.

I cant believe that I was denied the debit card that I was promised when I swithed over.

I was with Dish Network for over 7 years.  When I completed my two years with you, I will switch back.  I will also post your false promise on Face Book.  I wall also use the internet to inform the public on your false contracts.

I may even post a big bill board in my yard concerning AT&T lies.

My phone number is ***

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Just got off the phone with a att rep. He treated me very badly yelled st me !! I am a 20+ att customer.. this is ridiculous!! His name is Micheal. His number is VS 74C,, I asked not to put me on hold and he did,, till the office closed!! If I did this for my company we would be out of business,, can someone help me?? Or does anyone care???

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I'm with yea. Sell AT&T stock if they can't even answer the phone I'm pretty sure that's just the tip of the Incompetent iceberg

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

You are correct.  Customer service is nonexistent.  Even if you get someone that you can understand, the only thing they can say is you have to call another number or let them ask their supervisor.  Then, the answer is always the same "that we can't do that.  it's the rule. "  They can break the rules when it is them but not when it is on your side.  For instance, they can charge you a different rate than what they promised you when you signed up but they can't waive the early cancellation fee for someone who is 84 years old and is cancelling their Direct TV service because of financial restraints.  And not say anything about it until she gets the bill!!!!  What kind of company does business like this???  They have so many customers that they don't care.  They will just lure another senior citizen in with promises of lower rates to make up for the ones they have treated so poorly.  SHAME ON YOU, AT&T.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've wrestled with AT&T's poor service for many years. Sadly what began as just less than mediocre steadily got worse to the point now that if it weren't so tragic it would be hilarious. 

The company is disjointed, communicating (ironically) internally is a morass of missed, inconsistent and erroneous information that only serves to provide near impossible management of information to allow their employees to do work. After 5 days of no service, three tech visits and 9 calls, we are still waiting for connectivity.  All 9 of the representatives I spoke with had such thick non-English accents that it was nearly impossible to understand them. Coupled with the fact that all but one could not understand English the experience has been nightmarish.

We are waiting for yet another tech to come out today. Our entire neighborhood is out. All told, we have made dozens of calls and yet each time the rep (when we could understand them) has said there is no outage in our area.

As I said, if not so tragic, ATT service would be hilarious.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.