For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
alexisRF's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Saturday, December 9th, 2017 3:36 AM

Server Connection Closed error when clicking Unmerge button to unmerge Yahoo and sbcglobal account

Hi, 

I needed to change my password for my yahoo account but was unable to do so until I was told that it is linked with my very obsolete sbcglobal.net account.  After more than an hour and being transferred many times, I was connected to Todd with the Digital assistance and he I was given steps by someone to unmerge these 2 accounts

1. Go to Profile
  2. From the Profile page, select Sign in Info.
  3. Scroll down to My Linked Accounts > Manage Email Account.
  4. Next to Member ID, select Delete Account.
  5. Select OK to confirm.
  6. Confirm that the Status at the bottom of the User Information section now reads Disabled. Your email account has been deleted.
  7. To continue using your Yahoo email, sign in  Yahoo Select the Unmerge button in the bottom right corner of the page.

When I log in my yahoo acount, I get this message with an unmerge button at the bottom right

AT&T Service Cancellation

Alert
AT&T Yahoo! services canceled

You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account xxxxxxs@sbcglobal.net because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been canceled. If you want to continue using your AT&T Yahoo! ID xxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net, please call AT&T Customer Service to reactivate your AT&T Yahoo! service.

• To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! Dial, call 1-866-SBC-DIAL (1-866-722-3425).
  • To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! DSL, call 1-877-SBC-DSL5 (1-877-722-3755).

Your AT&T account xxxxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net is currently merged with your free Yahoo! account xxxxxxx. You can continue to use your Yahoo! account j_fulgencio by clicking Unmerge. When you unmerge your accounts:

• Your Yahoo! account xxxxxx will revert to a free Yahoo! account. You will lose access to AT&T Powered by Yahoo! premium services (for example, LAUNCHcast Plus commercial-free radio, enhanced anti-virus software, and premium spam protection). You can, however, purchase these premium services separately
  • You will not lose any data. Your Yahoo! account xxxxxxxx will keep all your settings and personal information (for example, your email messages, address book entries and photos) from your merged AT&T account xxxxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net and Yahoo! account xxxxxxx
  • In case you forget your password, Yahoo! will help you. Take note of your Security Question, alternate email, date of birth and zip code. These fields will help you reset your password if you ever forget it.

When I click the button I get this message and I am now not able to login my yahoo acount.  I have tried this many times with the same results

Server Connection Closed

Description: The server requested closed the connection before the transaction was completed.

I have tried calling ATT more than 10 times already and have spent almost 8 hours and I still cant login my yahoo account.  They told me to contact yahoo and yahoo tells me to contact ATT.  Can someone please help me.  This is my email I use for my business and I am at a critical need.  Please help me!  

Thanks so much

Alexis

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I am suffering the same mishap after going thru the steps of un-merge, This is a terrible  situation in business sense for yahoo and ATT.

How could they not forewarn this consequence in their instructions of un-merge? This practice is driving yahoo email users away towards other email providers such as gmail. A nightmare for the customers and disaster for the businesses! 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

What I dont understand is that this issue has been happening to people for years and yet people who encounter this problem have to spend hours to get this resolved if it gets resolved.  Yahoo service is even worse.  They have people from India who keep telling me 2 things, contact ATT and login my account WHEN I MADE IT CLEAR THAT I ALREADY HAVE CONTACTED ATT AND THE MAIN ISSUE IS THAT I CANT LOGIN MY ACCOUNT.  OFFSHORE maybe a good resource for simple issues but for real issues, FORGET IT!  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same exact issue.  I have sent 3 PMs to the ironically-named "ATTCares" on this forum, in hopes that someone actually DOES care, but have received no replies.

If anyone finds a solution, PLEASE share it ASAP.

Thanks

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I have the same issue. I have contacted both ATT and Yahoo and they are pointing fingers at each other. I was told by ATT that there is nothing they can do and to wait it out. I asked if they have a team working on this (as wait it out does seem to imply that there is someone working on this) and the response I got was "I don't know". 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

It took me a total of 23 transfers to the Philippines, Eastern Europe, Jamaica (I think) and other offshore call centers including a few calls in the US, a total of 30+ hours on the phone, yes there was a call that lasted 1 and 45 minutes and most of it was me being put on hold,  before my issue got resolved.  This issue would never have been resolved if I have not been connected to the Last Chance group.  This group handles grave cases and high profile customers who are ready to terminate their contract due to frustration.  This group is the real deal and his first question to me was "How did you get our number?" because their info is not public, it is an internal resource within ATT.  I almost lost it when he told me this?  Your people let me go through this MISERY instead of getting me through to your group oh maybe on my 10th call and after spending more than 10 hours on the phone talking with incompetent people?  My case manager's name is Carlos, he pulled some strings to get it resolved.  What happened was when my account was unmerged, it was not reflected in all of ATT systems so the unmerging does not successfully occur.  This is not yahoo's problem this is ATT.  They have an existing production issue about this so I told him, why THE F@^K DID TODD FROM DIGITAL ASSISTANCE MAKE ME GO THROUGH THESE STEPS that will result to this catastrophe!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did not have an answer.  What he had to do was ask another team to undo the unmerge and put my account back to the original state so I can login my yahoo account.   Once ATT did this, I am now back in my yahoo account.  It took them a week to get this done this is in addition to the week that I suffered with the offshore groups.    PM me if you want the number for this last chance group because I dont want to put it out here since they may just change it.   Anyone who has gone through this should be appalled at how ATT handles this situation.  NEVER AGAIN WITH ATT

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

The latest message I got after entering my password for my yahoo account is 

----------

AT&T Yahoo! services canceled

You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been canceled.
Choose Transfer information to create a new free Yahoo! account so we can transfer your existing settings and personal information such as your email messages, address book entries, and photos.
-----------
No idea of where I could Choose "Transfer information...".  Anybody knows? Thank you!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.