Server Connection Closed error when clicking Unmerge button to unmerge Yahoo and sbcglobal account
I needed to change my password for my yahoo account but was unable to do so until I was told that it is linked with my very obsolete sbcglobal.net account. After more than an hour and being transferred many times, I was connected to Todd with the Digital assistance and he I was given steps by someone to unmerge these 2 accounts
- Go to Profile
- From the Profile page, select Sign in Info.
- Scroll down to My Linked Accounts > Manage Email Account.
- Next to Member ID, select Delete Account.
- Select OK to confirm.
- Confirm that the Status at the bottom of the User Information section now reads Disabled. Your email account has been deleted.
- To continue using your Yahoo email, sign in Yahoo Select the Unmerge button in the bottom right corner of the page.
When I log in my yahoo acount, I get this message with an unmerge button at the bottom right
You no longer have access to your AT&T Yahoo! account email@example.com because your AT&T Yahoo! Internet services have been canceled. If you want to continue using your AT&T Yahoo! ID firstname.lastname@example.org, please call AT&T Customer Service to reactivate your AT&T Yahoo! service.
- To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! Dial, call 1-866-SBC-DIAL (1-866-722-3425).
- To reactivate AT&T Yahoo! DSL, call 1-877-SBC-DSL5 (1-877-722-3755).
Your AT&T account email@example.com is currently merged with your free Yahoo! account xxxxxxx. You can continue to use your Yahoo! account j_fulgencio by clicking Unmerge. When you unmerge your accounts:
- Your Yahoo! account xxxxxx will revert to a free Yahoo! account. You will lose access to AT&T Powered by Yahoo! premium services (for example, LAUNCHcast Plus commercial-free radio, enhanced anti-virus software, and premium spam protection). You can, however, purchase these premium services separately
- You will not lose any data. Your Yahoo! account xxxxxxxx will keep all your settings and personal information (for example, your email messages, address book entries and photos) from your merged AT&T account firstname.lastname@example.org and Yahoo! account xxxxxxx
- In case you forget your password, Yahoo! will help you. Take note of your Security Question, alternate email, date of birth and zip code. These fields will help you reset your password if you ever forget it.
When I click the button I get this message and I am now not able to login my yahoo acount. I have tried this many times with the same results
Server Connection Closed
Description: The server requested closed the connection before the transaction was completed.
I have tried calling ATT more than 10 times already and have spent almost 8 hours and I still cant login my yahoo account. They told me to contact yahoo and yahoo tells me to contact ATT. Can someone please help me. This is my email I use for my business and I am at a critical need. Please help me!
Thanks so much