Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Sep 21, 2019 11:08 PM

Secure Mail Key for Subaccounts

I have four email subaccounts with @Sbcglobal.net...  My main account (as shown on my bill, I never use.) But have used it for the myATT website profile. I think when I started with Sbcglobal DSL this email address was used as a "control" for all of the subaccounts. May still be, but I know some things changed over the years. (since 2005) 

From the email that I just received it appears I need to get secure mail keys.. I have scoured this forum to see what other people were saying.  I have been to myAT&T website and it is trying to get me to link accounts. I don't think I want to do that. One of my subaccounts is missing from the list that can be linked anyway.

I use Mozilla Thunderbird  with all my subaccounts.. Set up POP3. I want to keep TB, but looks like I need to use secure keys.

Here's my question:  To create secure mail keys for subaccounts do I need to create a profile @ myAT&T for EACH account?  (Using the account for the user ID and the password associated with that account.)

I did not know I could have multiple PROFILES on myAT&T.  My email is working fine and I don't want to screw things up. It just seems weird to have multiple PROFILES @ myAT&T.

I have read the info online about getting keys, but it is all a little confusing. I don't think AT&T / YAHOO is addressing the use of subaccounts at all. I saw a post by "BeSketicalOfAll" on Sept 20 at 7:08. They are having nearly the exact same problem as me. -- But the issue of multiple myAT&T PROFILES was not mentioned. Only that they need to create a secure key for EACH subaccount.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

4 months ago

You need to log into myAT&T for each subaccount and manage its secure mail key from there.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

OK, Thanks. That's what I thought, but wanted to confirm. I'll accept this as solved if it works. lol