Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Feb 14, 2017 4:15 PM

sbcglobal.net support

suddenly, I am unable to access my sbcglobal.net email.  Yesterday, I was able to access emails on phone but not laptop.  Today I am unable to sign in on any device.  To add to the confusion, the yahoo website shows me as signed in, but when I attempt to retreive emails, which it shows I have, I am redirected to att sign in which will not work.

When I attempt to reset the password, it indicates no record of my account.  I have had this account for well over 10 years- which is why it is still shown as sbcglobal.net

Yahoo on-line resources take me in circiles.  While on-line chat is shown as an option when I attempt to use it, I am redirected to on-line resources due to the fact that this is a yahoo free email account and att does not support it.

The account was established when I had ATT phone service so I fear that elimination of the phone service a year ago has slowly led to this being deactivated, as there is no number attributed to the email account.

I have contact ATT who could not assist me with a yahoo email. 

Thanks for any help!

Responses

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @the4beards,

Send me a private message with the email address in question and I will take a look at it.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you but a previous reply provided a support number that resulted in it being deactivated. .

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Have been using SBC Global for 15 years now I can't get help fixing my e-mails. I have 3 accounts under SBC, 2 work and the third doesn't. I have deleted and re-installed 4 times the one account and it keeps asking me update password, 6x's, and wants me to get permission for the server to sync. HELP. (oh yeah windows 10 on the laptop and pc and a kindle)

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We have spent a lot of time on the phone and online to fix the problem and
to no avail.
The only thing that we have done is waited for them to correct their
internal problem. Typically takes days.
[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]..

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I received notification that my sbcglobal.net  needs up dating.  What is this?  I just tried to submit an on line order and was told my E-Mail address was invalid. ??  [edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

So. as I am new to this.  What is this required field and why does this mess have to be so confusing?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My dad has had an sbcglobal.net account for over 20 years with the same password.  He has had issues with his internet so I monitor his account for him as he is 85 years old.  I was just on the account a couple of days ago with no problem. I tried to log in on my ipad last night to check his email for him but it says the password is invalid.  I thought maybe it was a problem with my ipad so I waited until I got to work today since I log into that account here to print emails for him.  It said the same thing.  I tried going through resetting a password but it won't continue and tells me there is no secure way to reset it ( I guess other then sending it to an email account you can't access or a phone that is a land line).  It tells me to call support.  When I try calling they won't go any further without an account number or telephone number which is not where the problem is.  So basically we are in limbo with no apparent way to get help.  Why would the password suddenly stop working after all these years?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Good luck with that
-we have had problems with sbcglobal for the past 2 years and don't see any good this 'subscription' notice has done anyone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I have a YAHOO Email account provided by AT&T.

USER ID ***

I received a notice that by the end of November 2019 this EMAIL account

will be canceled unless I re-verify the account.

The VERIFICATION Link will not work. My computer denies access to the reply address as a security risk.

How do I verify the EMAIL account so I will not loose this account?

The message I received is shown below.

SUPPORT AT&T ***  (Address line)

Dear User,

We're closing some of our old email account and services. That means your email address will stop working after Nov 2019, unless you validate your account. If you don't do that, you'll lose your email address as well as the contacts and messages associated with it

[Edited for privacy - This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, IMEI numbers, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

Will do thanks

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have a Yahoo SBC Global account. All of a sudden I can't log in. I've been contemplating transferring from Comcast to ATT, but the support system (Edited per community guidelines) so now I'm not considering it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question