Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
cgeorge77388's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, May 20, 2016 5:17 PM

SBCGlobal.net recovery phone number

I recently became locked out of my account for an unknown reason. I reset my password through one of the forgot my password pages. When I entered my phone number to get a verification text there was another account associated with my phone number. To find out what/who had the other account I selected the (unknown) account and I was able to access that account. 

My concern is, whom ever is using my phone number for recovery info will be able to access my account. 

Now I cannot locate the recovery page with the other account listed.

What do I do to keep the other account holder from using my phone number to gain access? 

Responses

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

5 y ago

The short term, obviously, change your pass word, but also change your security questions and answers, and change the phone number to the proper one.

As only ONE cell phone can use a particular number, someone else using your number it there account would need your physical phone to receive and use the recovery password, so, would be of no use to anyone else.

If you still can't recvoer your account, i'd sugest sending a private message to one of the care teams, and they could reset it for you.

Pick one of their care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Get started...

Ask a new question