Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
tcotrone's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jul 11, 2017 5:49 PM

Resetting Password

I have had my email account for years and I have not changed my password but all of the sudden I can't log in. I can't change or recover my password.  I use the sign-in helper and it the password section, it will not let me type anything in the User ID box.  The continue bottom stays grayed out so you cannot continue, you are just stuck.  If you click on th log-in button at the top of the screen, it pulls up my At&T and it says your AT&T Access ID has a temporary lock.  To unlock it, reset your password which takes you right back to the same place where you cannot enter information or when you enter anything the continue button doesn't work.   I want back in my e-mails, i have items I need in there. There system doesn't work and you can't talk to anyone.  At some point i was able to click on a chat link but they couldn't verify me and I think it was for AT&T products (phone, internet or cable). Most frustrating thing!!!

Jeramy_G

Employee

• 

78 Messages

4 y ago

@tcotrone If you have a smart phone, you may trying downloading the MyAtt App and follow the for got password flow, if you are still unable to get the password reset I would suggest you call 877-267-2988 they should be able to help regain access to your account. So normally an account lock gets placed on your account if there is some outgoing malware detected from your connection, one thing I would recommend doing is running an anti-malware program like Malwarebytes to remove any malware that may be on your PC.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

I finally got it reset!!! I called 800-288-2020 and was transferred to the Digital Assistance Department where they helped reset the password!  Thank goodness 🙂

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.