Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
Wirrallife0115's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jan 3, 2017 3:41 PM

Reset password for sbcglobal.net email account, no longer have ATT account

I have had a sbcglobal.net email account for almost 10 years and used the same password until recently. Due to the Yahool data breach, I changed the password but now need to reset it, since I forgot it. Fortunately for now, I can still access the account on one of my devices. When I try to reset it online, Yahoo directs me to verify my ATT account info. I no longer have an active ATT account and disconnected my service in 2015 when I moved. Since resetting it online does not work, I have tried to contact the ATT digital help line several times and have had no help.. Finally on the last call, they ask me to verify my ATT account number and a phone number. After reaching back into my memory, I could give them an old home phone number which the customer service rep confirmed, but I could not give them an account number. They told me the only other option is to go to an ATT store with two forms of ID and they could reset it there. I am working overseas at the moment and there are no ATT stores over here. What else can I do to have this password reset? I can provide a lot of other informaton to verify my identity, but need someone to work with me.

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

172.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @Wirrallife0115,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. It appears that your Yahoo account is merged with an AT&T account. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, E-mail in question, and phone number. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 y ago

As of the morning of 1/24/2017 I cannot log into our @sbcglobal.net (including @yahoo.com) email account on:

1. Either of our computers Outlook programs - one has 2013 and the other 2007
  2. My Samsung Android phone
  3. Using the online yahoo mail login screen reached at “https://www.yahoo.com/

I can still log into the account online using the mail login screen located at “https://att.yahoo.com/” and my wife has not lost a beat on her IPhone 5 even though I changed the password on Yahoo/Att but she did not change it on her phone.

I can log into every device using my @att.net email address.  I can detect no problems using this email address on any device.

We dropped our ATT DSL late last year because we live in the hinterland of ATT and the speed was regularly lower than 1.5mb and were told we'd continue to have access to our email addresses and have had no problem until 1/24/2017.

It is a mystery to me as to why this has happened but someone changed something somewhere and I just need to know how to get around it to get the @sbcglobal.net email address downloading to Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2007 once again.  I've tried all of the inbound and pop and outbound and smtp server designations I'm aware of but I would think having the correct server designation would be the answer and that seems to have changed.

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

172.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @Geophyte1,

Try resetting your password once again. After doing so, verify you can login online through the online websites at Yahoo and AT&T. Afterwards, try testing with your other devices. With a free E-mail account, it is not supported by third party client programs, so it may not work.

-ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 y ago

I hope you'll understand that I'm a little reticent to change the password again.  I don't want to lose the little bit of availability I have to the @sbcglobal.net emails through the ATT online site and I don't want to mess up my wife's access through her IPhone.  In your knowledge, has something changed since 1/24/2017 that would make you think the outcome would be different this time because I did change the password on the morning of 1/24/2017 after being prompted the first time that morning.

Also when you say "With a free E-mail account, it is not supported by third party client programs, so it may not work." you do understand that everything was working correctly until the morning of 1/24/2017 and I have not been on ATT DSL for at lease two months.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 y ago

Well, as chance would have it I somehow did something that required that I change the email password and it did not change a thing.

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

172.3K Messages

5 y ago

Hi,

We apologize about the continual issues. When you reset your password, did you check that the passwords were working online before checking it with your other devices?

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

I have had Microsft Outlook for years and it worked great until ATT went with Yahoo for their email then I have had periodic problems. My latest started about a month or so agao. I have "talked"  (I am deaf) on the phone several times to no avail. They finally sent me to a help site that turned out to be a paid site which I cannot afford their prices and no guarantee they could even fix it. Then I messed around until I finally got to a chat button and worked with until they at least got me working on Yahoo mail again but still no Outlook. The last reply I received was "that problem is not logical per my supervisor".  ATT has no real support anymore. I find that very sad since I am retired Southwestern Bell, SBC, ATT.. So I still have no Outlook and I am  not sure I ever will with ATT. Thinking about going to Comcast so I can have Outlook working again.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 y ago

Tes - As I said no change the password does open the online email at att.yahoo.com but does not open the online email at yahoo.com and does not work in Outlook

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 y ago

Dear Ghat45 - I have never been a ATT employee but have, through the years, worked with a number of different field and office ATT personel from the past and there was definitely a time when ATT meant "service".  I'm afrain that time has long since come and gone.  It is indeed very sad to see.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Has a solution been provided? I'm also overseas, no longer have an account or access to an Att store...please provide solution on how I can reset my sbcglobal email. Thank you
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.