For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
lchar's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, April 24th, 2013 2:48 PM

receiving Authentication Error..outgoing mail not working outlook 2011 for mac (new customer)

New customer, trying to set up email in my Outlook 2011 for Mac using pop3 att settings, which are not working (using inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net settings with proper ports, but still no luck).  Outgoing mail not sending mail, incoming mail fine.  Received Authentication error which directs me to a http link, which is no help.  Anyone had experience with this?  Or knows of a solution?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

Hi, lchar

Please verify your outlook settings again. Here are the steps to verify your email settings and a few more steps which may fix your issue.

In the User Information section:

1. Under Your Name field, type your name the way that you want it to appear to other people.
  2. In the E-mail Address field, enter your full AT&T email address e.g., YourName@att.net. If you are setting up this account for an AT&T Email Alias, input the alias email address in this field.

In the Server Information section:

1. In the Account Type field, verify POP3 is displayed.
  2. In the Incoming Mail (POP3 or IMAP) Server field, enter inbound.att.net
  3. In the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server field, enter outbound.att.net

In the Logon Information section:

1. In the User Name field, enter your full email address.
    2. In the Password: field, enter your password. If you are setting up this account for an AT&T Email Alias, input the full email address of the ID (Primary or Sub Account) associated with the email alias in this field. Do not input the email alias address in this field.
    3. Select the Remember password check box.

out1.jpg

1. Select More Settings.
  2. Select the Outgoing Server tab.
  3. Verify these settings:

1. The check box beside My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication is selected.
    2. The radio button beside Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.

out2.jpg

1. Select the Advanced tab.
  2. Verify these settings:
    1. The Incoming mail (POP3) should be port 995 and the check box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is selected.
    2. The Outgoing mail (SMTP) should be port 465 and the check box next to This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is selected.

out3.jpg

1. Click OK.
  2. Click Next.
  3. Click Finish.

Now close Outlook and go to the link : http://att.my.yahoo.com, hover the mouse on More, select Member Center.

em3.bmp

If you are already logged in to your email it will ask you to re-login, otherwise you will be asked to enter your log in information Twice. You will land on the Account Information Page of your ATT/Yahoo email.

Minimize the browser, open Outlook and try sending a test email to yourself.

If it is not working, Delete the account from Outlook and configure it again.

I hope this will help!

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thank you, that did workŠafter a week of trying to figure out out my own (-:

Actually, I had all of your steps completed, but what cinched/solved the

outgoing mail deal was the next to the last and the last step you

suggestedŠgoing to att.my.yahoo.com and member center and sending out the

test emailŠsomehow that unclogged the outgoing mail and out it went, thank

you.

Former Employee

• 

41 Messages

11 years ago

I'm Gald to hear that you were able to fix your email. :smileyblush:

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

nope. still not working for me.

27" imac using att-yahoo mail-yahoo mail works but mac mail on the computer does not and will not send using this outgoing server. help, please!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.