For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
POP to IMAP process
When originally set up, my first sbcglobal addresses were set up as POP accounts. I want to migrate these to IMAP. I'm using MacMail on MacOSX and iOS
A. One guide book for MacMail suggests, if the email service allows it,
- Setting up the the same email addresses as IMAP accounts,
- Copying emails from the old POP accounts into the IMAP account (i.e. move read and sent email on the local computer back to the server)
- Then deleting (or disabling) the POP account
Does AT&T email allow an email client to be set up simultaneously as POP and IMAP, and what exactly are the consequences of that? In this process, it's a temporary condition just for transition.
B. If you can't do the above, then is the process
- Archive the POP email account
- Delete the POP email account
- Create IMAP account setup
- Import archived emails into new IMAP account?
I'd rather do A if possible.