Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Dec 23, 2016 5:48 PM

password change

Due to the security breach, I have changed the password for my att.net account. do U also have to change the password for my email account which is bellsouth.net?

Responses

rearnold864

Scholar

• 

144 Messages

4 years ago

The password should propogate to your email but I've noticed a problem with that. When you change your logon password it will change to that password on your web mail but for some reason the Yahoo email servers aren't picking up that password change. Maybe the tech support folks can force it to change but until then, you'll use your new password on webmail such as the mail link on the "att.yahoo.com" home page but on any pop3 email program or app the only password that will work is your old one. Hopefull AT&T and Yahoo will get this problem worked out soon.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I am having a similiar problem. Have changed my ATT access password which also changes my Linked email password.

The information is not migrating to Yahoo so my Pop mail is working on old password.  For web mail if I use the Yahoo link then it is still the old password but if I use the Att/yahoo link then new password works.

I haven't found a solution but I'm still trying different methods. Had a chat with a tech but they gave up and refered me to a higher level but they never called me back.

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Anyone with this issue should contact customer care. Its a known Yahoo outage and the customer care agents have a work around to get your passwords in sync. Unfortunately I do not have access to this tool. But @ATTU-verseCare and @ATTHelpForums should have access to the tool. You might try Chat Support also, i believe they would have the tool. Just tell them your password is out of sync between AT&T and Yahoo.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

I am currently in touch with Uverse cust care and still working on problem. The solution seems to be in the hands of tech and not myself. I'm positive it will be resolved.

Three  out of seven of my email addresses have had their passwords migrated successfully.

Stay Tuned for more updates    12/27/16

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

As of 12/29/2016 the problem seems to have been resolved. I have changed my master ATT.com password today and all 7 linked email passwords changed and migrated to Yahoo so my Pop email program worked also. I did not have to contact support so I think the resolved their programming error somewhere.

Gary

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am happy for you. I spent an hour talking to the DIgital Assistance Ctr and worked my way up to a supervisor. BIG WASTE OF TIME. He ended up saying that it would take care of itself probably within 24 hours. The lower folks in the food chain were extremely unhelpful. They kept asking me for an answer to a security question that I don't recall ever creating, i.e., who is my favorite movie actor. Argh. It is not a kind of question I would pick. They refused to ask me any other question. Two of the folks were not speaking English as their mother tongue and were very hard to understand.. In the end the supervisor did what I expected and pointed his finger at Yahoo.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Just to be clear I contacted U-Verse Cust Care at    https://forums.att.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2365485

My method was to use email to communicate with them and follow their advice. Replies do not come quickly with this method of communication but with my schedule it works and I was never locked out of getting my email.

Chat was unsuccessful for me also.

It was strange that several of my email accounts synced with Yahoo and others did not, I understand the techs have a tool to correct the sync issue and maybe they were not capturing all seven of my accounts.  I kept reusing the change password site about 4 or 5 times over the course of 5 days.   https://m.att.com/my/#/forgotLoginLanding?origination_point=OLAM_LOGIN&Flow_Indicator=FPWD&olamRedirectInd=FullWeb

After the first password change, when I reinput the password I just kept using the same new password that I changed to the first time. Finally after about 5 days my last change took and the Yahoo side synced and my Pop started working, all within about 2 minutes. 

Because this last time happened seemlesly as it should I just figured the programmers got involved and fixed the main problem.

I know this is not a defined solution, just thought I would explain my experience.

I think it's time ATT considered moving away from the Yahoo partnership, what's going to happen if Verizon buys Yahoo.

Good Luck .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Hi Gary,

Thanks for taking your time to answer my mini-harangue.
I have been yammering to ATT for several years to ditch
Yahoo like a bad habit. I am a techie type who gets asked
by friends all the time to help them with their computers,
email, etc. Long ago, I learned which email problems were
repairable by working on their PC's and which ones were just
lousy Yahoo servers doing their usual stuff, which will usually
go away in a few days- no matter what you do or who you
speak with in Mumbai.

I have advised most of my friends to use Gmail if they
really want to avoid most of this never-ending tar baby.
So many folks are afraid of giving up their old att.net or
sbcglobal.net addresses because they think they will never
hear from the email correspondents again. Maybe, but I
doubt it. I do some business with a couple of mine or I
would have switched over long ago.

I really appreciate your input. I suspect we are pretty close
to being on the same page with our feelings about ATT/Yahoo.
I am reminded of the guy whose mother-in-law thinks she is
a chicken. He would take her to a shrink, but the family needs
the eggs...

Best regards,
Dave