Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Feb 16, 2017 10:56 PM

outlook keeps loading and loading and loading old mail

I'm using outlook for my ATT mail.   It's in this mode again where it keeps reloading old mail over and over and over and over and I end up with thousands of old emails, many copies of each.  

This has happened before, and goes for a while or days and just finally stops.  I have changed nothing on my end, all my settings are verified OK with tech 'support'.   Something somewhere is saying all my old mail on the server is new, otherwise Outlook wouldn't be downloading it.

I've done all the stupid stuff to try to fix, of course.   Anyone have an idea??

Responses

curiouscat

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

3 years ago

Checked your Internet Email Settings > Advanced > Delivery > Make sure that that "Remove from server when deleted from 'deleted items'" is checked

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

The problem happened changing phones. Now I 

I have thousands to delete. 

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

Same thing is happening to me. It will work for a month and then all of a sudden download hundreds of emails that I already deleted. There are no solutions. The President's Office couldn't even help. They blame it on me. It has worked perfectly for years and then started doing this stupid stuff. Can't get any help. Glad I didn't waste my money on a new version of Outlook. (ATT suggestion) That doesn't seem to fix the problem either. I think it has something to do with that "new" Yahoo internet. That's about when I started to have problems. Can't someone fix this already?

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…