Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Dec 25, 2015 6:51 PM

outbound.att.net rejecting password

I have an issue where I am able to receive, but not send, emails through mobile or desktop email clients. These are the settings I'm using in Outlook 2013.

When I attempt to test the connection, the inbound settings pass but it keeps re-prompting for my password on the outbound settings.  My password works fine on the web client.

What am I missing?

Responses

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

5 years ago

If you followed all the setups in that link you posted, you should be golden....

However, since you obviously are not, I can offer these two options to try:

IF you are an active ATT customer, try the following number: AT&T's web support line @ 1-877-312-5550, we had other users report good results with them in the past.

if you are NOT an active ATT customer (account in "free" status) then you will have to go thru one of the care teams.

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When I try to access att.net email, I receive a msg. saying I need a password for the "outbound server for att.net" Someone did the set-up for me and I don't know how to get to the place to establish a password for the server. Can you help?
Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

4 years ago

On the main menu top, should be an option marked accounts.

You go to the account you want to modify, click on the accounts, and it should take you to your account settings... one of them should be the password needed to log into the account.

Most services are typically more forgiving, but att domains demand your account name be in the form of   myname@attdomainname.net

I thought it only have to be my name, or a nick name, but nope.

If you can tell us what the mail client you are using is, we can better tell you where and how to enter your password.

Good luck.

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @jimmcculler,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. The Setup & Verify Email link should be able to give you the settings you need to make it work properly. On that page you can choose wich program you are using and will give you detailed instructions for that program. Also depending on the software you are using, you might even get the "Set Up" button as shown below. If you see that button after you have populated your mail client, then it will actually complete the set up for you. It couldn't be any easier!

mailsetup.png

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am continually prompted to enter my password on my iMac, iPhone, and iPad with ATT Yahoo Mail.  This continues throughout the day.

HELP!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I don't have a password for this process and I don't know how to get one.

Get started...

Ask a new question