Protect yourself online
Mamacat104's profile

Mentor

• 

289 Messages

Saturday, May 10th, 2014 2:08 PM

outbound and inbound email settings

I was trying to set up my sbcglobal.net email to get it in Microsoft outlook 2003

the inbound.att.net/995 and outbound.att.net/465  do not work...

I tried

pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com and smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com

neither one of these work... if there a way to get my emails through Outlook 2003 ??

I use my sbcglobal.net for all my bills and my bank and have been using it for years so would really like to keep my email address as it is and have it so I can recieve it all in Outlook 2003  

Am not happy with the new email format in at&t/yahoo mail so thought it would all be better using it through Outlook 2003

thank you

Barbara

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Hmm.  Well, I first and foremost extend my thank you for your attention and replies.  I searched "set up," rather than "configure."  Perhaps that's why Google turned up nothing of direct use for me.  I will pursue your reported search terms and hope for the best.  

Yes, indeed, OE is O L D, originally a part of the XP OS.  I'm O L D, too, and have no demonstrable (at least not yet) need to replace XP with a newer OS, particularly since, after several years, XP is stable and reliable.  I read of the myriad problems with each successive MS OS version and decided I simply didn't want to confront and try and resolve the inevitable as I had already done, with much gnashing of teeth and explosive expletives, with XP.  With browsers no longer compatible, (the major ones), and technology changing on the web itself, I acknowledge that, eventually, I'll be coerced to build an entirely new machine, that is, if I continue to access the many benefits of the web.

Again, sir, thank you for your courteous and genuinely helpful remarks.

doced69

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Good luck.  I hope the links help solve your problem.

As for "old", hey, I feel your pain, literally!  I like to say "we've exceeded the warranty".Man Wink

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

now july 20, 2019

I'm running windows 10 and "had" MS Outlook  (2007) running fine and maybe I caused a problem forwarding a email from an outside source which contained some 5 jpg files which were also hyperlinked to a website provider named ZENDESK. Now I get error the error code 0x8004210B.

Question: Will the offered setting also perform for a IMAP incoming server and a SMTP outgoing (both using SSL )?....I've tried several PORT number variation. such as 993 for incoming and 25 for outgoing.

A new question would perhaps be the Server account NAMES  yours are different then mine. I use the following:

Incoming mail server : imap.outlook.com

Outgoing mail server: smtp.outlook.com

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@rrees_of_orange - server specifications for the att/yahoo servers are defined here.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Hi...the ATT/Yahoo information is (for me right now) not a remedy... My  imap incoming and smtp outgoing servers have been aimed at outlook.com. My other email accounts are with Yahoo and Gmail. The Windows 10 PRO edition program allows me to "sync" all three accounts on the Window 10 "MAIL" built in to Windows 10 . The MS Office suite 2007 is my enterprise edition of OUTLOOK which has been working with the WIN 10 "mail" version also referred to as Outlook. Perhaps these various versions of OUTLOOK are under revision by Microsoft? 

To further complicate my life I do have AT&T as my internet provider. This is fed from the AT&T U-VERSE GATEWAY fiber connected (modem) model PACE 5268ac and connects to my devices via wi-fi. This is small home single individual internet account. The server ports and security settings I hope can be brought to their prior settings.

ron

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.