Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Celebrate all that he does with a gift for every kind of dad!
Damara's profile

Observer

• 

2 Messages

Wed, May 18, 2016 11:03 PM

Not interested in switching to U-Verse

I'm not interested in switching to U-Verse. I received a letter saying my current DSL will be interrupted if I don't switch. Why am I being forced to switch to something I don't want?

Responses

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

5 y ago

If your terms of service agreement was like mine (and I know it was) they are pretty clear in saying that is u-verse comes to town, the dsl goes away.

Now, the good news is, you are not required to switch to u-verse.

However, your dsl service will go away, and you have no say so in that.

There MIGHT be a third party reseller in your area, like dsl extreme, net zero, and a few others I can't think of the names of right at the moment, who can take over your att dsl equipent and continue to provide dsl service in your area.

(Usually, a search for isps in your zip code, should reveal any, if they provide service.)

BUT, if they do not, then alas, you will either have to transition to u-verse, if you want to stay with att, or move over to cable or whatever else might be available if you prefer NOT to continue with att.

I am a fellow att customer, and so, I symnpathise with you and your situation.

Eventually, MY dsl service will be terminated, and I have no clue what, if any, affordable wired internet services will be available when it does happen.

Good luck in whichever choice you make.

ham3843

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

5 y ago

@Damara

In the letter you received did it say something to the effect that you needed to call

AT&T to let them know that you are not interested in upgrading to U Verse? 

A lot of the letters they send out give a telephone number to call to let them know that you are NOT interested and want to opt out of upgrading to U Verse and this will result in you keeping your current DSL service. 

Even if they didn't give you a number to call I would still call the main customer service number

and tell them you do not want to upgrade to U Verse, but want to opt out and keep your existing service. Tell them to put this in your account notes and then make sure to get the reps Operator ID number and first name. 

mibrnsurg

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

5 y ago

@ham3843   ATT is shutting down these old baby bell ADSL systems, starting this year, 2d person I've read about getting the interrupted/shutdown message.  They made most of the switch to Uverse from ADSL 9-12 months ago and maybe asking those that said No then.

Calling or talking to CS will be of no value in this situation.   Don't ya have to ask why ATT stopped selling ADSL a long while ago?  They knew it would not be around for the long run. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

ham3843

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

5 y ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@ham3843   ATT is shutting down these old baby bell ADSL systems, starting this year, 2d person I've read about getting the interrupted/shutdown message.  They made most of the switch to Uverse from ADSL 9-12 months ago and maybe asking those that said No then.

@mibrnsurg

I agree that this is true, however I know with my parents they didn't have to switch to U Verse officially from ADSL, they were switched to ADSL2+  U Verse (they have 768/128k service) but they have NOT been required to switch their modem, continue to be billed as regular DSL, and do not have to pay a modem rental fee. I personally hope AT&T does the same thing for me as well, I have the exact same plan as my folks and live just 10 miles from them...

Get started...

Ask a new question