Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
badams_92's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Sep 22, 2015 11:55 PM

New incoming email are marked "read" before I read them

For the last two weeks, my new emails have been coming in as "read" before I get to read them in my @bellsouth.net account.  In other words, I cannot tell if I have any new incoming emails.  None of my other yahoo accounts are doing this.  Please send solution. 

manhole

Teacher

• 

1 Message

6 y ago

Same exact problem here. Early last week this started happening and my emails also started being forwarded to an email address I used to forward to about a year ago. It's almost as if Yahoo somehow turned on my forwarding option as "Store and forward and mark as read". Problem is this option isn't even available to turn on any more... It's grayed out.

I spent about two hours with AT&T tech support trying to get this fixed. They were able to get the forwarding turned off, but my messages that land in my inbox are still being marked as read. Strangely any messages that land in the spam folder show up as unread, so it's just the inbox. I was promised a call back in 24 - 48 hours with a resolution. That was over four days ago. I believe this won't be fixed until Yahoo fixes the forwarding option in the mail settings page. It's apparently been broken for over a month, so I'm not holding my breath.
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.