Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Sep 13, 2016 1:35 AM

Need help with merged Yahoo email account, trying to changed password

My yahoo email has been hacked and is spamming my contacts. I am unable to change the yahoo email password as its merged with att. Please help

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

4 years ago

@GearMaven the post of mine that you referenced is not the number you would need. you all need the Digital Assistance Group at 877.285.0144.. Also, if it's the sbcglobal email address part of the merge that you wish to reset, then I can probably do it. But if its the yahoo.com side of the merge then you would call that digital assistance group.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a question" button. Have email issues? Contact the Digital Assistance Center at 877-267-2988 and you can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
shannon02

ACE - Expert

• 

18.5K Messages

4 years ago

This is the DTV sat forum you need to post this in the internet forum.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
peds48

Expert

• 

36.2K Messages

4 years ago

@Mike2772 Who told that Yahoo was merged with ATT?  Verizon wants to buy Yahoo.  Yahoo has nothing to do with ATT.

If you want to reset your Yahoo email, you need to contact Yahoo, not ATT nor DIRECTV

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

That is incorrect, peds48. Many of us former SBC accounts which were taken over by AT&T have merged our Yahoo and AT&T account emails under our member ID. It appears from my online chat with AT&T agent that we need to call and speak directly with AT&T tech staff, as the online chat folks do NOT know how to handle these merged accounts which don't allow us to simply change our Yahoo email passwords. Regrettably, the online chat tech gave me a 5-digit number to call (73727) which he claimed worked from a landline to call the techs. It does not work from a landline phone or a Tracfone with AT&T. I assume it may work on an AT&T wireless phone to access tech support. If I should come across the correct phone number, I will add it to this post later. Good luck. This does seem complicated.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Found this post that recommends calling AT&T https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/Yahoo-email-password-change/m-p/4839786 but I've been on hold for ages so far.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Please help me!  I have just spent 2 hrs of non stop frustration of being put on hold, disconnected and them still trying to make me change my att account.....done that 7 or 8 times already.  I'm at a loss.  Now I am completely locked out of my business email.

Can you help me fix this

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

This is in response to Peds48 post:

Yahoo may not be merged with AT&T but I am directed to Yahoo to login to my AT&T email. Merged or not this is a serious issue considering this:

Exclusive: Yahoo secretly scanned customer emails for U.S. intelligence - sourceshttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-yahoo-nsa-exclusive-idUSKCN1241YT

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I too had the same exact problem that Mike2772 had...

My password change would only work for sbcglobal.net on att.com.

But my old password would work at mail.yahoo.com because i was unable to change the password for my yahoo.com  account.  This was so frustrating!!!

ATT support was absolutely worthless.  Eventually i stumbled across something that worked.

Here is the solution i found.  I hope this helps.

1. Go to yahoo.com
  2. Click on "sign in"
  3. Type your yahoo.com login and hit next
  4. Click on "forgot password"
  5. Always use your yahoo.com login everytime it asks.
  6. You will be sent to att.com "Forget ID/Password"
  7. Enter your yahoo.com email address and last name in the fields provided
  8. A window will pop up that says: "The User ID information you've provided is associated with multiple accounts".   Make sure to choose AccessID
  9. Verify that the phone number that att will text temporary password to you is correct.
  10. Click continue and check your cell phone for temp password
  11. Follow rest of directions and create a new password.
  12. You should not NOT be able to sign in to yahoo with your old password.

I guess the key to all this is to make sure you are using your yahoo ID through the whole process even though the system is really eventually changing the password on your ATT account.  This worked for me and i can no longer access my email with either yahoo or sbcglobal login using old password at mail.yahoo.com.

Interestingly though, my cellphone can still access my email using the old password.  I don't understand that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Tried this. Got the following after I entered my email and last name:

"In order to assist you in resetting your Password more effectively, please contact us"

ThenClick on the contact link and it takes me to the general support page. Back to square one.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

my emails are being moved from one page at yahoo with all four email addresses together to att page where there is only one email address

how do i stop that?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

im not having problems with my password , onle emails being moved

ellieanne

Teacher

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

I am trying to reset my sbcglobal password. Have been with ATT forever and had DSL. I have no idea why I am directed to ATT when I am on Yahoo page trying to reset my email pw. It sent me straight to ATT. I reset it there but all it did was reset my ATT account pw. I want to keep my sbcglobal email address. What is going on here. I am very anxious to change the pw because of Yahoo getting hacked all the time. Yahoo has no phone numbers and no way to email or live chat for help. I have searched in vain. Please help me. I want to have it exactly like it is now with the only change being a new pw for my sbcglobal email account. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I want to change my yahoo password given the security breaches.  However, I cannot remember the old password.  When I try to reset it resets At&T overall and not the yahoo account.

I have been through this once before and it took 4 hours of phone time and multiple calls and once I got the right person the instructions were easy.  Can anyone give me specific directions?

Helene

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I have access to my att.net email address through my phone but not through Yahoo because I forgot new password after resetting it with the recent problems. In addition, I don't know the security questions because I set them 22 years ago. I need to have someone send a code to my email account so I can get it on my phone and reset it in Yahoo. In affect the recovery phone number or recovery email

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

This is my exact problem. I have been hacked. They have gotten my Amazon account info twice, HBO, UBER and many others. I also receive about 80 mailer daemon notices about every 6-12 hours so they are still accessing my account. I have tried every option I have seen here and everywhere else and when I change my att password, it does nothing to my yahoo password even though yahoo sends me to att when I click forgot password. These people suck. They are not handling this breach very well at ALL and I have found no one who can help.