For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
Bveldman's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 8:38 PM

My internet keeps cutting out

So, I have Uverse and it works pretty well.  I have a rather large house and the 2Wire WiFi is not enough to get everywhere, especially since my kids have Macs and the radios don't seem to have the same range as our PCs.  Anyway, i have installed a WiFi router on each floor to keep things easy.  Recently, i extended the network to another room from one of the TV boxes.  I have a basic 4 port, Gigabit switch right after the Uverse Box.  From there, i go to a PlayStation, DVD player and an Apple TV box.  THe last port, i ran a 100 ft. CAT6 cable to a remote part of the house.  It is on that device, that i keep losing my internet connection.  It seems wierd, because if i just run the 100 ft. cable directly from the Uverse box to the remote room, it does not cut out or lose connectivity, so i know that it is not the wiring or distance.  It seems that going through the switch is what messes it up, but i have tried two different Gigabit switches (both brand new) and nothing.  Everything else seems to work right and not lose connectivity.  Any thoughts?

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Bveldman!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing connectivity issues with your current setup. We would be happy to help, so please click here to send our U-verse experts a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.