For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
M

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, July 12th, 2020 9:55 PM

My AT&T Email expense $17.95 w/o Internet

I have had an ATT e-mail account for over 25 years and the cost of the e-mail account has grown to $17.95 per month.  I do not obtain internet from ATT.  I like my ATT e-mail, would like to keep it but do not wish to continue to pay if I get no value for the payment.  What is the payment for?  I have spent over two hours on the phone with several ATT people, they are very apologetic but cannot cite a reason for the charge.  On the last call, the kind person said the charge would be removed, I ended up being disconnected while I was on hold, and the charge remains.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

This forum is not customer support. No one here has access to your account to say what you are paying for. Whatever it is, it shouldn’t be for the email. Do you get a bill? If so, what does it say the charge is for?

• 

3 Messages

@sandblaster I receive no bill.  It is an automatic monthly charge to a credit card.  I contacted the credit card company and they said the only info they have is what they post on my bill each month.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

You must have an account of some sort. It’s very possible your bill is paperless. I’d say you have two options. Escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint or report your credit card lost or stolen. They will issue a new card with a new number and that charge will be denied. So how did you get that email address originally? Did you ever have internet service from ATT? If I had to guess, $17.95 is about what dial up service would cost.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Thank you for your responses.  In the 1990's I did have a dsl account through ATT.  I  recall that ATT did not offer fiber in my service area so I switched to a provider that bundled Internet and cable tv.  At the switchover, I recall that ATT said there was a benefit to continuing to pay what was probably $5 or so a month to continue a minimal level of paid service: I would have access to human support if needed.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.