Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
Gramboyles's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Aug 8, 2016 5:22 PM

Multiple mailer daemon notices

How do I stop someone from using my account to send multiple emails to my contacts?

Responses

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

5 y ago

The simple answer? Change your password.

Are you getting bouncebacks? what is in the mailer daemon message?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Don't know where to change my password 

ATTDSLCare

Community Support

• 

1.3K Messages

5 y ago

Go to att.yahoo.com, upon logging you will see your name next to the mail icon in the upper right. Hover your mouse on your name and click account info. Inside there you will be able to change your account information such as password and security questions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Each time I enter my Yahoo email account when I log on there are literally dozens (150) mailer daemons in my inbox.  The names on the emails are not related to my distribution list.  This has been going on for several weeks and I am unable to stop it.

They also infect my sent emails, but not to the same degree.  I have changed my password twice w/o success.  I hesitate to change my email client since I would have to begin anew my address book containing over 200 addresses.  Any suggestions?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Mailer Daemon emails

I have been having the same problem for two weeks with hundreds of Mailer Daemon emails in my Junk and Send boxes every day.  AT&T Internet Tech Support (1-800-288-2020) told me to call Connect Tech Team (1-888-354-1260) for help.  I had to subscribe to their services ($15 per mo. for 1 yr.) before they would even look into my problem.  First technician helped me reset my email and AT&T passwords, but the next day I still received many Mailer Daemon emails.  I had to call back Connect Tech 4 times when the problem persisted after I reset the passwords.  The last tech told me to use another email account since they had exhausted all possible solutions.  I told them they were not living up to their motto of resolving all our computer problems and that I wanted a refund.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.  Does anyone out there know how I can stop these Mailer Daemon from pouring into my email boxes???

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

are <> brackets around your id name showing up when you send or get the daemon back? does it state not a legitimate email address?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Re. Mailer Daemon emails

There are no <>brackets around my id name when I get the daemon messages in my Junk box.  (I did not send any of these messages out and I do not know any of the addressees.)  The reason given for "Failure Notice":

"Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<***>:
Error code 475: Suspicious activity was detected on your account"

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Lately, all of my mailer daemons are going to SPAM.  I have been checking off some of the mailer daemons that come into my inbox and then sending them to SPAM and now all of the mailer daemons have been going into the SPAM folder.  At least now I can delete my SPAM folder all at once and not have to sort through my inbox for those valid emails.  It's some kind of progress anyway. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

sounds like someone has accessed your contact list but do not know the security protocol associated with the at&t mail server and because your id is valid you are being notified as if the e mails came from you...

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.