For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
RJSinMO's profile

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

Thursday, March 8th, 2018 5:27 AM

Moving, can I keep my @att.net e-mail address?

I'm going to be moving in the next few months.  Most of the places I'm looking at are more rural and don't have AT&T U-Verse or DSL internet available.  I've had this @att.net e-mail address for years, it dates back to dial-up days, and for a period before U-Verse I was paying to keep it, then when i got U-Verse it got merged into my account.  So, this e-mail is my login to all of my AT&T services, and unfortunately, I've tied a lot of other things to it also.  I will be keeping my AT&T Wireless service (it may well become my primary internet service), but is there a way I can keep my @att.net e-mail address?  Even if I have to pay a small fee for it?  I'm willing to do that even if it gives me some time to transition them all to something like gmail.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Your att email address is valid whether you are currently att customer or not as specified in the terms of service.

Terms of Service, in Section 5a. Termination or Cancellation of Service

Unless otherwise specified, if you cancel your Service, your account ID email address will remain active, as will all email subaccounts you have created. The email accounts may be accessed from the att.net Web site.

• 

1 Message

Hello, does the above apply to an ameritech.net email address as well if we need to cancel AT&T service? Meaning that the account will remain active?

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

6 years ago

Wow, that's a pleasant surprise.  I wasn't looking forward to trying to find all online accounts I've set up with that e-mail, in a short amount of time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.