Protect yourself online
Krycelli's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, April 2nd, 2018 10:54 PM

Move Email account from old ATT account to a new account

I previously had an older email account that I've used for years on my parents ATT internet plan, however I recently got my own ATT cell plan which allows me to have an ATT email address.  Rather than start a new account, I want to move my current email to my new account and remove it from my parents plan as they're thinking of cancelling their ATT internet.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Rather than start a new account, I want to move my current email to my new account...

Isn't that a contradiction of terms? Man Happy

If you were using the webmail for the "old" account and want to continue using the webmail for your "new" account then the only thing you can transfer across accounts using the webmail interface is your contacts list.  The is no mechanism for transferring mailboxes or their contents in the webmail.

You can however effect a transfer using an email client (e.g., Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.).   This is done by setting up the "old" and "new" accounts in the client as IMAP accounts and using the client to do the transfer within the client.  Of course at that point why use the webmail at all and just continue using the client instead?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

If they cancel their internet package, I will lose access to my years-old email address which I'm trying to prevent.  I can't access it when their master-account is no longer current, so I wanted to switch the ownership of the email to my own master-account.  I'm hoping there is a way to do this.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

I don't know if there is a way to do that or not.  I guess for lack of a better place to start, I would suggest calling uverse billing and see what their opinion is on doing what you want or which department you need to talk to if not billing.  Call the standard 800-288-2020 number and ask for "billing" as you navigate the phone tree.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.