Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Jul 25, 2019 5:29 AM

Mail contact list

Encountered the new square wheel mail contacts reinvention when I clicked on contacts icon in att.net mail today.  How do I add an existing new contact to an existing list??  Or create a new list? 

There's no "add to list" option for individual contacts, nor a way on "Lists" to add contacts.  Which means you have to keep track by other means of those new names in order to manually add to future e-mails sent to the list, every.time.U.send.an e-mail directed.to.that.list?

Maybe this is actually just a live "run it up the flagpole" beta test and not for real, and when I wake up tomorrow it'll be back to normal :).

Responses

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Encountered the new square wheel mail contacts reinvention when I clicked on contacts icon in att.net mail today

What do you mean "square wheel".  The little square icon is is outside and to the upper right of the mail list pane in the "new" mail.  But now, instead of bringing up it's own contacts page, they cram the whole thing in the right pane where the settings would be. This is all new.Man Surprised   Thanks for pointing it out.  More about this near the end.

There's no "add to list" option for individual contacts, nor a way on "Lists" to add contacts.  Which means you have to keep track by other means of those new names in order to manually add to future e-mails sent to the list, every.time.U.send.an e-mail directed.to.that.list?

Click Lists, select the list name and edit to add entries "manually" to that list.

Maybe this is actually just a live "run it up the flagpole" beta test and not for real, and when I wake up tomorrow it'll be back to normal Smiley Happy.

Might be.  It's what you get from the yahoo webmail UI "experts" and how they do and debug things.  Throw it up against the wall to see if it "sticks".  You might be better off clicking the settings gear -> more settings -> switch to basic mail (in lower left).  Then in basic click the contacts tab.  At least it still has it's own page.  When done click "Switch to the newest AT&T Yahoo Mail" near the upper right to get back to "new".  That's progress? Man Frustrated

I clicked "give feedback" and gave some feedback of what I thought of this change.  I don't expect it to do any good however because, as I said, they are "experts" and know everything!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Fix suggestion was a good lead, however, the "more settings" is greyed out and when you click on it, up pops "preview" which is a blank page, along with the basic settings on the left (theme/mail layout etc).  In other words, they've disabled those off while they play around in them.  Would be nice if when you click these, it linked you to amazon.com in order to buy orange juice cans and string :).  Or send an e-msg to all clients that they'll be fooling around on a live ap.

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Not sure what you are looking at.  In the "new" layout click the gear in the upper right and you should see three panes.  Left to right; the list of settings titles, the personalized inbox settings, and the preview showing what options are selected in the personalized inbox.  Toward the bottom of the settings titles on the left you should see "switch to basic mail".  Click it to switch. 

Never had to explain this before. It should be obvious.  If this isn't what you are seeing try relaunching your browser and/or try another browser for comparison.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

I've never had to do this before either.  Did as you suggested and this is what I got.  

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

a year ago

Nothing shows.  You trying to include a picture?  Use the camera (photos) tool and click "choose files" to select pictures (don't use .png's).  Also don't drag picts even though it says you can do that.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

a year ago

Ah,  checked again and the three dots you spoke of are there, and was able to type in a contact name and add to list, so they must be working on one thing at a time vs. waiting till it's all done.  The older version was more straight forward and user friendly though.  Thanks for your assist.

Get started...

Ask a new question