For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
au_verseuser's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Thursday, May 30th, 2019 7:13 AM

Logging into account management abroad

I travel frequently and when I am abroad, I can never login to the account management portal. It just says "oops something went wrong try clearing cookies" I have tried different browers, devices, cookie clearing, the only consistent thing seems to be that if I am abroad, I cannot login.

What is the problem here?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

thats normal, you cant access websites or accounts outside of the us and i dont beleive theres a work around.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Is there a better response than this?

What if I need to make an account modification, such as add passport, or pay a bill with a stored method?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

There may be a workaround. You may be able to login if on a VPN connection to a US based network. For wireless customers, you also have the option of calling the international support number, it’s a free call from your mobile phone.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Maybe I should clarify my question: Is it possible to login to my account portal while abroad?

If so, why is the error generalized as try to clear cookies and does still not work?

If not, why? It seems odd that simply logging in manage my account is not available because I travel abroad.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

5 years ago

@au_verseuser wrote:

Maybe I should clarify my question: Is it possible to login to my account portal while abroad? Same answer, it may be possible if using a VPN.

If so, why is the error generalized as try to clear cookies and does still not work?  

If not, why? It seems odd that simply logging in manage my account is not available because I travel abroad. Not sure when or why this happened but seems to be recent as in the last year or so due to some newly enacted security protocol.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.