Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Fri, Feb 14, 2020 9:51 PM

Keeping sbcglobal.net email when canceling service.

Hello,

I have an AT&T direct tv and internet home service. I also still use my old sbcglobal.net email account. If I cancel my tv and internet package, will I still be able to keep and us my email address for free? I just called the cancellation number and they said I would lose access to my email, which I believe is incorrect.

Thank you.

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Details regarding this appear best outlined here: https://sbcglobalnetemail.com/sbcglobal-email/

“But many people around the internet wants to know that if they can keep their sbcglobal.net email address even after cancelling DSL service. What will happen to your SBCglobal email? You are allowed to keep your sbcglobal email for as long as you want. However after 60 days of cancellation your DSL service, you will no longer have support that you might need for your SBCglobal email address from AT&T and Yahoo!. What that means is , you are on your own after 60 days. If you want to change the password, you will be asked to answer the security questions that you set during sign up. So make sure you remember them. Save it somewhere in your notebook or computer just in case.”

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…