Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tue, Jul 2, 2019 7:03 PM

Is this a scam?

Got this email for both my at&t email accounts. Is it a scam?

Important Notice :- You may not be allowed to opt out of account related messages.
Shadow

NOTICE IMPORTER

Spacer

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 months ago

Looks like phishing to me.  If you  mouse over the att.com/privacy/update link (DON'T CLICK IT) does your email client or browser (i.e., wherever you are reading that email) show you the actual link somewhere (location bar, status bar, where ever)?  That's usually giveaway it's not legit.  And "hosted email"?  Why didn't they reference the att/yahoo email service by name?

TRASH IT.

This is a public forum and I am a customer just like you. Click "Like" if you feel this post is helpful and "Accept as Solution" if it solves your problem.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34K Messages

6 months ago

Forward it to abuse@att.net. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Thanks, I already did!

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

Just wanted to confirm it was a scam. I did delete the email.