Need to update email settings?
staugustine66's profile

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Jul 14, 2021 7:15 PM

IP Block Removal - Response

Hello - We have a brand new IP for our dedicated server.  ATT has blocked it.

• No spam has been sent from this new IP and clearly it's on no black lists.
  • Several security measures are in place, and all sofware updates automatically.
  • This dedicated server does not provide mail services to the masses, but rather only hosts those accounts we maintain and continually monitor for updates.  (There is a controlled amount of websites on a dedicated server).  
  • All clients are affected by this oversight, especially those who use ATT - They can't even send themselves mail from their own domains.  It's been 2 weeks now and terribly frustrating for all.

Does anyone on this forum have any advice on the next steps after doing as instructed?   ...after making a case and sending to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net?  Perhaps there is a new removal tool/form I'm overlooking somewhere?  What should be done after several failed attempts at resolution?

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL FROM:<--------------->: 553 5.3.0 flph823 DNSBL:RBL 521< 198.37.101.118 >_is_blocked.For assistance forward this error to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

Thank you so much for your response.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.6K Messages

6 m ago

Nope, you haven't missed anything.  The only documented path to resolution is to send an e-mail to the abuse SMTP address saying essentially what you posted here.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 m ago

Do you think they are just backed up?

I suppose we have no choice but to follow up .... daily?   weekly?  

Would clients who pay ATT be wasting their time if they called support?  I doubt they'd ever get to the right department.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.6K Messages

6 m ago

Probably not daily, every other day maybe?

The support organization wouldn't know what to do with the calls.  They'd probably tell them to put your address in their contacts or something equally useless.

Contributor

• 

6 Messages

6 m ago

Agree.

*sigh*

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.