Protect yourself online
jarron12's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 2:27 PM

inbound.att.net is not responding.

I am able to send emails through my att account on macmail.  Inbound.att.net not responding.  I am able to access my mail account online via www.att.net.  Anyone else having problems?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Did it work previously?

Is this a new problem?

Have you re-checked your settings?

Relaunched macmail?

(edited)

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

The same thing happens with outlook and thunderbird. There is another thread for this same problem. Call India and all they will say is that the server is Ok and then want to charge you to look into it. Its my understanding that I have to use this to get to ATT/YAHOO. The last time I called in I was told that the incoming server should be att,net. ATT nor India doesn't know whats going on nor will they admit to a problem.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Sorry I don't know what's going on.  I see other threads too with similar problems.  I just sent a test message to myself (I use Thunderbird) with no problems so I think the servers are up but maybe choking on certain accounts for some unknown reason.  well other than them being yahoo servers of course! Man Frustrated

Long shot - might try calling the Digital Assistance Center (877-267-2988).

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

The Digital Assistance Center (877-267-2988) told me that the incoming server had to be set to att.net which is clearly wrong. Course if I pay they will look into it.

Any way to get someone in management to realize ATT has a problem?

• 

3 Messages

Not likely !!! They do not care about an individual's service! All at&t cares about is that they they get their monthly payment on time.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

Worked for last 3 days. Today 3/5/18 its back to same old crap - times out.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

down again

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

Likewise, using Thunderbird, VPN turned off, 8,000 messages waiting to be downloaded locally. 

I find the problem mostly occurs when I have a lot of messages in my in box.

PS, Inbound.att.net responds to pings.  (Don't use the "is web site down" web sites to check.)

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

I download several times a week so quantity doesn't seem to apply.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.