For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
petercreasey's profile

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

Thursday, November 29th, 2018 2:43 PM

inbound.att.net is not responding (renewed)

The ATT Moderator apparently, despite numerous requests, refuses to remove the "Solved" flag on the prior 8-page, 108-message thread...

inbound.att.net is not responding

https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Internet-Email-Security/inbound-att-net-is-not-responding/td-p/5392045

Thus, this thread is created to reopen this important issue as the problem is still recurring.  Oftentimes "inbound.att.net" is not responding thereby making email retrieval via client impossible.

. . . . .   Pete

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

@KenMitchel

@KenMitchel

>>  Does it only affect those with legacy email addresses (@bellsouth.net)

Ken, Now, that is an excellent question.  My affected addresses are @swbell.net.

I don't know how to follow up on this given AT&T's disregard for customers on this issue.

. . . . .   Pete

Contributor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

There must be only a small number of people having this issue or AT&T would have to address it.  I went for months trying to determine why my email would quit working and then start back on its own without me doing anything.  Then I stumbled onto this list and found that others were having the same problem.  There must be a common denominator with those who are having this problem.  Mine stopped working again this morning but for only a few minutes this time.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

No, there are a lot of people experiencing the problem. Quite a few
have posted here but most people don't access (or even know about) this
forum.

Voyager

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Still having the issue, I seems like it is worse on the weekends finally got her to log in the web mail and after a while the emails started downloading again. May be worse on weekends because of usage.   

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

This problem is becoming less intermittent -- read: occurs almost every day lately.

. . . . .   Pete

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

@_xyzzy_

To All:

Interesting.  I have two swbell.net email accounts and one of them is working fine this morning and the other one is failing due to the problem discussed in this thread.

. . . .   Pete

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here.  The problem is intermittent and apparently selective as one of my two accounts is working, the other not.  Sad.

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

Yes, it is amazing that AT&T is continuing for a long time to neglect
solving this serious detriment to our effective processing.

The problem is still occurring.

. . . . Pete

Scholar

• 

235 Messages

5 years ago

This most-annoying problem has still not been solved by AT&T and is recurring on a regular basis.  As a 40+ year customer of AT&T (land line, cell phone, uverse, equipment, etc.), I must say this ongoing problem really reflects poorly on the service offered by AT&T.

. . . .   Pete

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.