For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.
If i cancel my AT&T account will I lose my email address?
A common question we are asked is, "Can I keep my email if I cancel my service." The Answer: Yes you can!
What To Know
If you cancel your AT&T Internet account, you will still have access to your account as long as your account is in good standing. If there is a balance owed on the AT&T internet account, you will lose access to the email until it is resolved. To verify your canceled AT&T Internet account is in good standing, chat with us. If you break terms and conditions, the email will be deactivated.
- Security Questions - when you cancel your services, you no longer have the ability to reset your email at att.com. It is highly recommended you set up security questions before you cancel - it makes it easier to reset passwords if you forget it!
- Merged Email Addresses - If your Yahoo email is tied to your att.net email, you do have the option to unmerge it. The att.net email is deleted when you unmerge the account. You must process the request within 30 days of cancellation.
- Tie your email to your mobile account - this will help with password resets in the future
To Unmerge the account, follow the steps below.
- Go to myAT&T, and log in with your AT&T Member ID and password.
- Select Profile > Update My Profile.
- Under AT&T Email Accounts, select Account Profile.
- Next to Member ID, select Delete Account.
- Select OK to confirm.
- Confirm that the Status at the bottom of the User Information section now reads Disabled. Your email account has been deleted.
- To continue using your Yahoo email, sign in to Yahoo mail. Select the Unmerge button in the bottom right corner of the page.
AT&T Customer Care
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp