Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

Tue, Mar 26, 2013 6:48 PM

I would like to separate my contact list into various areas. i.e.: Family, Art Group, Golf Group, General. Need Help?

I am trying to create separate areas in my contact list.

Family, Art Groups, Golf, General 

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

MorganCS

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

7 years ago

Okay, I have an AT&T/Yahoo email account as well so I will be showing you these following steps with my own account. Note that in my examples I'll be blocking out my contacts' personal information.

STEP 1.

Since you logged in using your att.net email account and are in the Contact List, the first thing to do is to go through your list and pick out which contacts you want to assign to a designated group.

STEP 2.

After choosing your contacts, click on the option to the right named "Add to Category" (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Contact List Organization Step 1.png

STEPS 3 & 4.

Here is where we can name the group of the selected contacts. Be sure to check the box you named then click "Done" (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Contact List Organization Step 2.png

STEPS 5 & 6.

That is how to assign contacts to a group. To view the group, click on the "View" drop-down and select the group you just created, ie. Art Group, then click on the group's name. (Screenshot Attached Below. Click image to enlarge)

Contact List Organization Step 3.png

I hope that helps you! Give these steps a try and if it still doesn't respond then let us know and we can find another solution for you. Thanks! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
MorganCS

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

7 years ago

Hi mplsmac

Apologizes for the delayed response. I'm curious as to which program you're using to organize your Contacts list. Are you trying to organize your Contacts in "Outlook" on a laptop? or the "Contacts app" on an iPhone/iPad? We just need a little bit more information on which program it is and we'll be glad to assist. Thanks in advance!

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Hi Morgan_b:

I'm not a teckie so bear with me. I'm on At&t powered by Yahoo! Mail.

I'm looking at the left upper part of the Page and it says in descending order -

Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam, Trash and in an area under that It says Contacts.

Right now there are 77 in the Contacts grouping with family, art club, etc all

mixed in.

When I was at wi.rr.com (TWC) I had a different segment for each group within

the Contact major heading.

At TWC I was able to have different catagories by just dragging and dropping

names into areas I wanted them in.

I don't want all contacts in the same bin. When I had them separate in my old

account I could call up people in my

art club and have all names in the "To" and the "Cc" section of an email. I

can't do that now without taking each one individually and it's annoying.

Thanks for responding

mplsmac

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Whoops! It's Outlook on a home based pc

Teacher

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Hurrah! Voila! Thank you just loads. I did everything you suggested and I have

my several catagories all separated and I couldn't be happier. I saved a print

of your instructions in case my memory fails. Thank you again!

MorganCS

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

7 years ago

Awesome! I'm very glad to hear that it worked for you. If you have any other U-verse issues or questions in the future, feel free to post another question and we'll be glad to lend a hand! Thank you for choosing AT&T Smiley Happy

Get started...

Ask a new question