Need to update email settings?
ATTU-verseCare's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 3:50 PM

How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T

You are here because you can't sign in to your email or you forgot one of your many passwords. Resetting your password is one of the fastest solutions. Let's get started!

How To Change Your Password

Go to www.att.com or use the myAT&T app:

1. Login to the myAT&T app, scroll, and select "My plans & features"

2. Hit the "plus" button next to your service and select "Manage my network & email"

3. Select "Change Email Password" 

Note: If you are still unable to log in after resetting your password, wait 12 hours for the system to update and try again.

Security Questions Help & Free Accounts

If you recently attempted to reset your password, you can use your account at www.att.com to reset it. Please note:

• The email must be tied to an active account for a password reset to work
  • Free emails do not have the option to reset via an att.com unless there is an account tied to it

Free Email 

A free email is a standalone email account that once was tied to an AT&T account. Once that account is canceled, AT&T no longer has the ability to reset your password. In order to reset your password, you must use your security questions to reset it

If you do not remember your security questions/ answers. AT&T WILL NOT reset your account. This is done to protect personal information since we cannot validate the email address. It is like giving away the keys to your car without verifying it is belongs to you.  AT&T currently has no workaround for these types of issues and is unable to assist.

Email Tips & Troubleshooting Solutions 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

2 Attachments

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My wife is unable to log into her email  - an error message FL001 is received.  When we try to change/reset the password - one or more of the answers to the security questions are incorrect.  Help!! I created her account as a sub account to my account  many years ago ( which is working like it should )and for some reason I can not change her password .  We have been trying fix this temporary lock out for over a week

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

How do i reset my email password  I have no email. on any device [edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have no email on all devices ,how do i Change pass word

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I keep getting my email hacked.  Please help me reset my password

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Customer service is a joke. After talking to Robocop I am put on hold, then bounced around for twenty minutes I get people who don't speak English very well. This has been going on for two months. AT&T doesn't have any trouble when it comes to billing me.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Having the same issues again. I cleared the cache, changed password now it say unable to contact server. Our sub accounts work, this is frustrating as I can't change emails from online bills without having access to this account. Any phone number I can call?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

want to reset my bellsouth password

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

how do I reset my bellsouth email password?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

can't get a reply if I can't get to the email

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I need to se up my email for I do not have one and cannot  get mail

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.