Protect yourself online
RoadsterGuy's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, June 3rd, 2018 8:30 PM

How can I access my bellsouth.net email via the web client? The mail icon leads to Yahoo instead.

How can I access my bellsouth.net email via the web client?  The mail icon leads at www.att.net leads to a Yahoo login instead of my bellsouth.net email login.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

Configure your client to use the server information documented here.  Also you should consider using a secure mail key in place of the password in the client as described in this article.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

How can I sign into my Bellslouth.net

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Seems I misread the original question in June and gave the answer for email client apps instead of the webmail which I guess you can call a "client" but I never do, just "webmail".  Sorry about that.

@henley1959 

How to log into the webmail?  It should be just like any other att account, i.e., go to start.att.net and click the mail icon in the upper right and log on if not already logged on.  Does the login dialog show the att globe/icon before "yahoo"?  Is so that's the proper login dialog and after logging in the webmail page should also have the att globe log before "yahoo" in the upper left.

If you don't see the att/yahoo login dialog or you end up in a yahoo.com login and/or yahoo webmail (no att logo before the "yahoo") then it's probably because your browser is "confused" (i.e., likely errant cookies) or yahoo is "confused" (i.e., has account handling problems -- given it's yahoo that's highly possible with legacy att accounts).

Cookie problems you can test quickly simply by trying another browser for comparison.  If it is cookies clear the offending cookies or all cookies in you preferred browser.

Account problems aren't as easy.  Do you also have any yahoo email accounts?  That might screw up the accounting (yahoo account handling is IMO very "fragile").  How you fix that?  I don't know.  Call the Digital Assistance Center (877-273-2728) to see if they can straighten that out.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.