Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
Mamacat104's profile
Mamacat104
Helpful 1
Supersonic 25!
#1 Star!

Mentor

• 

120 Messages

Sat, Apr 27, 2019 10:56 PM

email NOT working on my iphone

I have been using email on my phone regularly..  when I take a pic with the phone, I will send it to my email address so I can open on the computer..  Today, I tried to send a picture to myself so I could download onto the computer and it says my email address and/or password is incorrect for  imap.mail.att.net

I have NOT changed anything on the phone.. it is the same as it has been ...  

WHAT IS WRONG AND HOW DO I FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    I USE MY EMAIL ON THE PHONE AND I NEED THIS TO BE WORKING 

BARBARA

Responses

• 

1 Message

10 m ago

You delete email and add email on OTHER first use your regular password, it will look for the account and return with no password provided, then you enter the secure key password and it will start working.

Try it it took me a few attempts to figure it out

• 

2 Messages

9 m ago

This worked for me!!!!

settings

accounts & passwords

delete ATT account

power iPhone off then back on

settings

accounts & passwords 

add account

YAHOO (do not choose OTHER)

enter ATT email & password credentials

click SAVE in upper right corner

YAY=SUCCESS

• 

1 Message

9 m ago

I figured it out!

I was not able to log into my email in my iPhone. You have to log in to your att email account online and then create a secure mail key. Copy and paste the key you created and put it in place of your password in all of your devices. It works!!  It took me almost two months to figure this out. I took screen shots...

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

Just curious if anyone can explain how this ATT e-mail fiasco happened to begin with and why it's gone on so long. My personal experience is that the end of February 2021 my iMac and MacBook get both ATT e-mail and Yahoo! e-mail just like they have for years now EXCEPT my iPad and iPhone cannot recieve ATT e-mails anymore. After three Service Reps and two "engineers" (one of which never called back) I finally said I'm not hanging up until I get my ATT e-mail access back. Kept getting "fpostoffice.isp.att.net" for the incoming server every time I deleted the account and made a new account. Finally Service Rep Edna transferred me to "Engineer Jimmy" who worked with me for a hour to get ATT e-mail working again on all the mobile equipment. It just should't be this hard in my opinion. Especially after a couple of years worth complaints posted just like mine. If something like this keeps happening I'll be leaving ATT and their nationwide coverage for a more dependable provider with a less coverage area.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

Omg.  I am having the same issue as everyone and I finally saw the post that fixed it.  Just set up the account with Yahoo instead of other, but use your att.net username and password and it is fixed in seconds.  Good luck!

• 

1 Message

3 m ago

Tried everything listed above.  Got secure email key, did not work.  Said incorrect PW

This all started when I deleted my @att.net email on an iphone 6 suddenly stopped getting and being able to send emails.  After deleting the email I tried to add it back in.  Chose Yahoo to add it back and after adding email/PW get a page from ATT that says "something went wrong" but that's all.  Wow, that's a lot of help ATT!

I've also rebooted and hard rebooted the iphone.  Even deleted the Mail icon and replaced it with Yahoo App.  Get same msg from ATT on Yahoo App, "something went wrong" 

I'm going to get a new phone today since the iphone 6 is no longer getting software updates.  Hoping my @att.net email works on new phone.

If not, I'll switch to a gmail account.  The @att.net still works on my PC, thank goodness.  It's a pain to change email accounts, but quite frankly, if necessary, I'll be glad to get rid of my troublesome @att.net account.  Have spent hours, and hours trying to get email back on my phone.  Wish I had spent that time setting up a new gmail account.  Yahoo really isn't interested in supporting the @att.net accounts they inherited, so goodbye and good riddance to ATT and Yahoo for my email.

• 

1 Message

2 m ago

I was able to fix this problem for both my att.net  and sbcglobal.net email. Here is the steps :

1- delete you existing email account in your iPhone setting

2- create new account by selecting "Yahoo!" 

3- Enter your email address and password and BOOM! 

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.