Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Sep 13, 2018 7:54 PM

email going to spam which is not spam

I consistently get email going to spam folder which is not spam.  Email from US Senators, seems to be only republican senators email is affected.

Email from a vendor selling land, has america in the legit email address.  How do I fix this?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

Flag stuff as spam or not spam as needed to attempt to train the spam filters.  If you are seeing stuff in your inbox which is actually spam you could also define your own filters to move them to the spam box.  But training is probably better in the long run.  You may have to flag spam as spam a number of times to try to train the spam filters since they work, in part, statistically.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

The training does not work. I have been marking these as not spam added email address to contacts but they still go to spam.
_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

The att/yahoo spam filtering doesn't look at your contacts list.  One could argue it should to give the user at least some kind of override.  But it doesn't.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This is not a solution. It does not work.

_xyzzy_

ACE - Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

If it doesn't work there is nothing else provided by att/yahoo webmail as an alternative; filters and/or training if it's not detected as spam and only training if it is detected as spam. 

...or get a better email service provider that allows the user greater control over this stuff.

Get started...

Ask a new question