R

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jul 2, 2021 7:01 PM

Email address

I’m having to cancel my account soon because I will be moving. Can I keep my email address? Do I have to do anything with att or yahoo account? 

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.7K Messages

7 m ago

If your email address was provided by your ISP, then you lose it upon canceling. That is why many use an email only service (Yahoo, Gmail, etc.) as you can use it no matter what ISP you have.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

7 m ago

AT&T normally allows you to continue to use your e-mail address as long as your account is in good standing (i.e. paid up) at termination.

However, be warned that there is no support available once you are no longer a customer.

As Juniper suggests, using an e-mail address independent of your ISP gives you more freedom to switch ISPs without worrying about your e-mail address.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.7K Messages

7 m ago

@shannon02 @TexasBrit 

Someone has moved all our posts from another thread to an unrelated one.

@ro102619 

Sorry but someone moved all these around without our knowledge.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.7K Messages

7 m ago

@ATTHelp 

Any clue why our posts from a DirecTV thread got moved to an AT&T Internet thread about emails? This is ridiculous.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

7 m ago

@Juniper , the replies are really in the thread they're supposed to be in.  The forum has some bugs where it will show comments in the wrong thread.  I demonstrated one such case to our friends this week.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.7K Messages

7 m ago

@JefferMC 

Was very strange to see all the replies to DirecTV equipment in an AT&T internet thread. So the bug shows them in a different thread temporarily even though they are actually located in the correct one? Ugh that is one annoying bug.

JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

26.7K Messages

7 m ago

Yes, exactly.  You'll see a post, and a line of comments that relate to a completely different post.  If you make a new comment, it will go on the end of the comments actually on the base post you're looking at.  It's frustrating.  I saw it happen again today.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.