Protect yourself online
Cat4Tunes's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, November 14th, 2015 8:23 PM

Contact Date format for birthdays, etc in email contacts

When adding a contact with a birthday, etc., the default date format is DD-MM-YYYY. Can I change it to MM-DD-YYYY? It doesn't let me.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

Not that technically, att supports products not directly produces by them, there should be a way to alter the default date format. (they might call it something like international data format, as beleive it or not, the USA is one of the few countries that use the month/day/year format.

What app/program/service are you trying to modify your date format? We have some pretty sharp folks here with a broad range of knowledge, and if you can give us a better description of what you are trying to change (I mean, program name, service name, etc.) we can give better advice.

Thanks.

PS.. I did a bit of serching, and this is what I found....   I have NOT tried it, but it's simple enough to undo if it does not work for you..   change your language setting to us english, if you want mm/dd/yyyy,  or to uk english if you want dd/mm/yyyy.

I honestly found nothing else even remotly related to altering date format, so you stumbled onto a good head scratcher. (This is assuming, you are refering to the att/yahoo calander in the e-mail section. If you are asking about something else, then, well, never mind.)

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks Tigereyze209 for your reply.  I am using Yahoo email, so it would be calendar in Yahoo.  I was just updating a contact in my Yahoo email.  That is where I was trying to add a birthdate.  I will check about the language settings.  It's not a big deal; I was just checking if someone had encountered that.  You are right about USA using MM/DD/YYYY, so maybe I should go with the rest of the world!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

but where do I go to enter my birthday?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, my birthday is coming up so would like for it to be listed. Unsure why it isn't. Where do I enter it?

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

8 years ago

It is in Contacts on Yahoo email.  Go to All Contacts, select who you want, then Edit Details.  Under personal details, add birthday.  I couldn't find how to change format from DD-MM-YYYY.  I couldn't find the calendar setting to set to US English.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.