Protect yourself online
ashpy1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, August 6th, 2017 9:00 PM

Changing sbcglobal.net email address into att.net

Due to unforeseen circumstances to possible potential fraud, I need to change my existing sbcglobal.net email address to a att.net email account? What are the possible steps to do so as soon as possible? Can you help me?

Former Employee

• 

371 Messages

7 years ago

Hello ashpy1,

Changing from sbcglobal.net to att.net just requires you to register the Email ID as a new email account.  This can be done simply by going to att.net and clicking "Sign up"

If you have paid services with AT&T and your sbcglobal.net is registered to the services, you can also add it as a sub account or contact Customer Care and the sbcglobal.net ID can be removed from your services and an att.net account registered to your services.

Please note, we cannot guarantee that your preferred name will be available within att.net.  If something else has registered the Email ID, it will not allow registration.

Thanks,

-john

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I need help changing my sbcglobal email to at&t and I dont know to.  I have had [email scrubbed] as my email for years. I literally have given that email to every company I deal with, such, more than 50 credit accounts, retailers, monetary sites such as banks,  investments, savings, all my state and local taxes etc.  Frist of all - HOW COULD YOU! You may have taken over as a new company and are starting out really bad. This has become one of the biggest inconveniences I have ever experienced and changing it to at&t does no good;.; How do I trust that you wont do this to me again in a few years  This is awful! Plus I lost the "last emails" on sbcglobal that were sent to me from my dead brother, my dead sister and several dead friends!

I have no way knowing how many people tried to send me emalis - and they could not.  They cant automatically figure out what email I have now. 

I would like someone from your company to call me at 636-222-0251 to walk me through the change.  I am 75 years old and helpless to do this on my own. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.