Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
T

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 1:34 PM

Can't send/receive emails using Outlook 2003 on my "bellsouth.net" accounts

I have 4 "bellsouth.net" email accounts and use outlook 2003 on a windows 10 computer to send/receive emails.   Just yesterday, one of the accounts stopped working.  It gave me an error message saying I was forbidden from retaining a copy of the email on the server.  Changed the email setting removing the check to retain copy of emails on server.   Then it downloaded my emails.   But when I checked later that day, it stopped working completely and would not accept (or retain) the password.   A message popped up saying:  Please type your user name and password.  The box to save this password in your password list was unchecked.   I checked it, pressed OK and the box popped up again.  I went online and to try to log in to my account and got some sort of error message.   Continued to try to log in but it blocked me after too many attempts.   So I followed prompts to reset password, got into the online account....then revised my outlook profile to use the new password.  It does not work.   I have deleted the outlook account profile and recreated it using the same settings from the other 3 accounts that are working and new password, but still get the pop up with the unchecked password.   I have tested it and it appears to send fine but get the error message: 

Task 'inbound.att.net - Receiving' report error (0x800CC92):  Your email server rejected your login.  Verify your user name and password in your account properties.   Under Tools, click Email accounts.  The Server responded : -ERR{SYS/TEMP} Server error - Please try again later.

I am a 20+ year ATT customer who recently moved to another internet provider and ATT will not help me fix this problem.      They claim it is a software issue.  It is obviously not the case.  

I had the same thing happen back in April on my  old XP computers that I merely used for emails and a Photo Editor program.  I was an ATT customer at that time, but they still refused to help me resolve this issue.     That is why I moved to another provider, but am left having to deal with ATT because I do not want to lose my old email addresses. 

Comment on this post here...

Get started...

Ask a new question

Related Conversations

• T

outlook 2010 email

Last response by 

ATTHelp 

6 months ago

Questions

• P

What are the SMTP settings for outlook and yahoo.com?

Last response by 

ATTHelp 

a month ago

Questions

• M

trying to set up my email address in outlook 365 and need settings

Last response by 

ATTHelp 

6 months ago

Questions

• Problem sending emails sent to an aol.com account

Last response by