For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need to update email settings?
august30's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, June 8th, 2019 8:35 PM

can't send email, get error message that it resembles spam &/or contains only links

Can't send emails. Get error message that it resembles spam &/or contains only links. Modify your message & send it again.  My email is a typical text email with no links. I can receive emails but no send them.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@august30 It sounds like something is hiding "invisible" or "non-(ACSII/Unicode)" strings here, the "links", I bet.

What client are you using, to send?  Have you scanned the client, and the device, to make sure you don't have some sort of malware?

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have tried to even send myself an original e-mail and it says there is spam.. I'm unsure how to proceed.

Mail is coming in fine, just unable to respond.  I am using chrome, and having this problem across my desktop, ipad, and pixel phone.

• 

1 Message

I have exactly the same problem. Began in February. I use Microsoft Edge, a yahoo mail account. I also have a g-mail account, which I've begun using exclusively because I get the message "your message resembles span and/or is entirely links." I tried sending my husband a photograph, got the same message. I also got every conceivable sbcglobal e-mail address in my contacts. Deleted, returned. Deleted again, returned again. What the heck is going on?

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@carlson21 wrote:

I have tried to even send myself an original e-mail and it says there is spam.. I'm unsure how to proceed.

Mail is coming in fine, just unable to respond.  I am using chrome, and having this problem across my desktop, ipad, and pixel phone.

@carlson21 What's the EXACT error-message you're getting (in particular, any numbers/codes associated with the error)?

This is usually pretty easy to get, via the Event-Log, on a Windows Desktop anyway.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

For this particular error try changing you account password.   That seems to work for some.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I changed the password and it works great now.  thanks for info!

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

After changing password, my issue got resolved.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Resetting password did not resolve this issue.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Re-setting my password did not resolve this issue.

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

4 years ago

@twohaleys Can you please be MORE specific here, what error code(s) are you getting?

Without those (or some other sort of specificity), this is a bit like saying "my car is making a weird noise, can you tell me *exactly* what is wrong with it?" (without further diagnosis of the car, ONLY knowing that someone has told you "it's making a weird noise"), as an example.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the exact same issue and have been on the phone with tech support at least 6 times. I was hacked the other week and couldn't send or receive email. Then, we fixed some issues in settings so I could receive emails. Then they claimed that because of the hackers sending email to my contact list I had met my maximum and it would take 24-48 hours to reset. I've waited 4 days and still can't send emails to myself or anyone. They go into my draft folder. I also reset my password, cleared filters and reply-to settings but nothing is allowing me to send emails.

The error code says, "Your message cannot be sent because it resembles spam and/or contains only links. Please modify your message and try again." There was no spam or links in my message attempts.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.